Latest WinRAR SFX archive Support...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Dakhor, Oct 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dakhor

Dakhor Registered Member

I uploaded an exe file to Jottis Online Malware Scanner and several progs found a trojan downloader but Nod32 didnt. So I sent a sample to Eset ( my first one ever ) and got a very quick reply - thanx for the fast response by the way.

{ --- removed 1:1 email text from our support department --- }
    Removed by: Happy Bytes

Now I love Nod32 and im fine with knowing im protected - but this could scare off certain potentiall customers and might get Nod32 flamed at other Anti Virus companies forums.

Im just wondering how much of this hmm different programs SFX yada yada yada goes on in the background - i mean it must be frustrating to have to mess arround with that all the time.

/DaK/

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2005
  2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I belive they can update this through Archive component part.
    Lets wait and see ;)

3. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

Guys... PLEASE DO NOT POST EMAIL COMMUNICATION with our support department here in a public forum!

An email is part of private communication (even if it's a support email!) and not supposed to get published into public forums.

E-mail exchange with companies should be ALWAYS treated as confidential.

PS: This editing was done AFTER Marcos (from whom you got this email) spoke with me.
    So please do not copy 'n paste ANY e-mails from our company here.
    Thanks for understanding this.

4. Dakhor

Dakhor Registered Member

Oh - i didnt know that... And i do not agree - ive posted alot of emails i got from support - in those cases though it has been cuz of bad or horrible support. ( support of other companies - i have only been in contact with Eset support this once )

But ill bow to your wisdom and remember that rule in the future, on these forums.

/DaK/

5. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

Even if it's a "bad" reply, there's no need to publish such things 1:1 !

You can comment or describe such emails with your own words, BUT NOT COPY AND PASTE into public forums.

Where should this end if everyone posts email communication in public forums?
    Our employees also having the right that such communication keeps confidential - even if it's a bad reply!

As i said already, there is no problem to put the answer in some kind of sumary like "The support wrote to me it's not possible" or "They told me it's possible in this way" but never ever post 1:1 email-text! :mad:

6. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

Every email should be treated as confidental communication intended for the adressee only. If the originator wanted to inform some third party, he/she would use BC or BCC.

Legal caution and disclaimer

Receiving this electronic mail message please check whether you are its authorized/intended addressee. If you are not the authorized/intended addressee of this electronic mail message you are hereby notified that any copying, distribution, disclosure or any other use or taking/omitting any action in reliance on it is strictly prohibited and is/may be illegal. Therefore, immediately after its receipt we ask you to notify its sender and subsequently delete it, including all its copies from your computer/system and also shred all its printouts.

Any statements/views expressed in this electronic mail message may be those of the sender and do not necessarily reflect statements/views of Eset spol. s r.o.

You are notified that this electronic mail message has been created and sent in the knowledge that electronic mail is not a 100% secure communication medium. Simultaneously, we ask you to observe this lack of security when sending electronic mail messages. Eset spol. s r.o. is neither liable for a proper and complete electronic transmission of this electronic mail message nor for any delay in its delivery to the intended addressee.

7. Dakhor

Dakhor Registered Member

No law was broken by me - ill not go into why that is so.

Ill go by the set rules hereafter and im sorry for Marcos that my genuine good intentions didnt come out right. Ill remember it in the future.

It was never my intention to cause any hmm upset.

Lets get back to the Viri-hunt. :)

/DaK/

8. mrtwolman

mrtwolman Eset Staff Account

I do not agree but let's get over this. Just one reminder - do not do it again :ninja:

9. Dakhor

Dakhor Registered Member

Well ill try my best - but i never could keep my hands out of the cookiejar. No matter how many times my mum punished me. ;)

/DaK/

10. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

It's not a matter of HOW MANY, it matters how strong and how fast you press down the dose cover exactly in this moment when your fingers are in the cookiedose. We could try that - i'm around 232 lbs :rolleyes: I'll gurantee you you'll never touch cookies again, except on a flat plate and only after looking behind you first :D

11. Dakhor

Dakhor Registered Member

Im a pretty fast runner - i bet i could snatch one and get to hide in some bush somewhere and go munch munch munch...

Hmm time for 10km run - ill try to run faster this time lol.

/DaK/

12. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

And i'm a pretty good shooter - just remember i have the dosecover still in my hands :rolleyes:

13. DonKid

DonKid Registered Member

Does NOD32 support Winuha ?

14. alglove

alglove Registered Member

What was the original question? o_O

15. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, alglove

There was no Question, just Dakhor sending something to Eset. :D

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

16. Dakhor

Dakhor Registered Member

Well i was wondering about how much time and frustration is gone into making the antivirus be able to look into different types of *.exe files. As its fairly important to be able to do that for getting good advertisment. Even if ur AV catches the viri when the *exe unpacks.

/DaK/

17. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

For a normal windows desktop system there's only

neExe (Win16), leExe (VXD/OS2), peExe (Win32/64) and mzExe (DOS) :D

these are the "different" basic types :D

That they all canbe runtime compressed is another story.

18. Dakhor_2

Dakhor_2 Guest

Lol they banned me for making a mistake - what a bunch of ******* !!!

Too bad i can change my ip at will lol.

/DaK/

19. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Dak, I think you will find it was a faulty module within the board software, as explained here.

Cheers :D

20. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Yeah I don't think you can get banned for making a 'good intensional' mistake, otherwise I wouldn't be here :D
    Besides this one aint so bad, now you and the rest of us know that we shouldn't post personal emails on a public forum.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2005
  21. damunzy

damunzy Guest

No, we know that they look down on it - but it is far from illegal, at least here in The States. ;)

www.munzy.net

22. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

From a legal aspect, at least here in the States, the OP purchased a copy of NOD, which is therefore "his" (or her) property, and had a problem, the customer then initiated an email (this would also be his property), and Eset repsonded to his inquiry which would also be viewed as property of the customer as it was in response to a problem with a product he purchased as well as the email being addressed to the customer which also grants ownership. The customer is therefore free to do as he wishes with that email, unless of course Eset has some sort of non-disclosure agreement with said customer. The entire incident leaves a bad taste in my mouth about the corporate practices of Eset or at least some of it's employees.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2005
  23. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

There is no legal precedent to establish this philosophy in any law/ruling that I am aware of. The only exception would be a non-disclosure agreement, without which this could be easily argued as corporate censorship by any 2nd year Law student. As for the disclaimer, it does have precedent and would apply to SOMEONE ELSE mistakenly receiving said email and publishing it.
    [/QUOTE]
    Legal caution and disclaimer

Receiving this electronic mail message please check whether you are its authorized/intended addressee. If you are not the authorized/intended addressee of this electronic mail message you are hereby notified that any copying, distribution, disclosure or any other use or taking/omitting any action in reliance on it is strictly prohibited and is/may be illegal. Therefore, immediately after its receipt we ask you to notify its sender and subsequently delete it, including all its copies from your computer/system and also shred all its printouts.

Any statements/views expressed in this electronic mail message may be those of the sender and do not necessarily reflect statements/views of Eset spol. s r.o.

You are notified that this electronic mail message has been created and sent in the knowledge that electronic mail is not a 100% secure communication medium. Simultaneously, we ask you to observe this lack of security when sending electronic mail messages. Eset spol. s r.o. is neither liable for a proper and complete electronic transmission of this electronic mail message nor for any delay in its delivery to the intended addressee.[/QUOTE]

So it appears that even Eset's legal team which presumably wrote their disclaimer is aware of the fact that an email is the property of the intended recipient, who is free to do with it as they wish.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2005
  24. Stan999

Stan999 Registered Member

It is just common courtesy not to post someone's e-mail
    on a public forum, newsgroup, etc. without getting permission
    from the sender.

25. someone_

someone_ Guest

Well, every e-mail could be per se considered as work which is protected by copyright and with some kind licence granted to the adresee. Btw, someone is missing the point there are legal systems which are not precedent based.

Btw, where you can read/derive "aware of the fact that an email is the property of the intended recipient, who is free to do with it as they wish."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.