Command line parameters

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by An10Bill, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. An10Bill

An10Bill Registered Member

Hi,

Norton failed on us on our local email gateway, and I'm going to use NOD command-line scanner there instead.... problem is that NOD keeps opening up the graphical display every time it scans, thus decreasing performance, as the gateway calls on the external virus program (in my case nod32) for every mail it receives, causing the graphical display of nod32 to open/close, open/close, open/close.....

Is there a command-line parameter for SILENT usage of the scanner ? (just reporting the results to the log - and ofcourse cleaning/deleting the crap too)

Thanks in advance!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There will be a command line version of the on-demand scanner in NOD32 3.0. But please don't ask about any dates.

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

While not a Commandline Scan, post 82 and onwards, has the setup for a totally "Silent Scan".

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

4. An10Bill

An10Bill Registered Member

Sorry, but the scanner is to be called from the mailgateway to scan received mail.... the program only have support for cmd-line scan, and the program then has to be called with cmd-line parameters.....

So if the silent option can''t be triggered from the cmd-line, then its of no use im afraid...

Thanks anyways :)

--
    An10bill

5. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Have you tried adding the following switches in addition?
    Code:
    /scanboot- /scanmbr- /scanmem- /selfcheck- /sound- /quit+
    They will not stop the GUI from opening but they do mean no system checks - on my system it is over in far less than a blink and closes itself once it's done :)
    I realise it's not exactly what you asked for, but if it helps in the interim...:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.