Questions Regarding Antivir 6.30.00.10

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by T'ai Kung, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T'ai Kung

T'ai Kung Guest

I updated to the most recent Antivir version a few days ago (6.30.00.10). As of late, since the update, I can no longer activate the antivir Guard. Nor can I contact the main website for Antivir.

I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem, and if so should I find an older version (6.30.00.05) to install?

Also, does anyone know why the site is down and the internet updater is not currnetly working?

Thanks -

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

It's because of the server load. Their page often timesout when they release VDF update. Not to mention when they release 5+ MB program.
    I really think they should switch to incrimental update system for their own good.

3. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Try again between the hours of 2 AM to 4 AM, Germany time. Works for me!

Get a world clock HERE. Click "download" then scroll down to World Time Clock.

For an alternate AntiVir-PE forum, go HERE.

4. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:rolleyes: Stated this on AntiVir/PE's board, so will say it here also. For those who have newer machines, switch to AVAST or AVG. For those of us with older machines, let try an get AVAST or AVG to fix their heavy use problems an then switch. The problems of obtaining an maintaining an English version of AntiVir/PE is nothing new, an H+BEDV appears to drag it's feet in resolving this situation.

Thanks
    wildman
    :D :eek:

5. wildman

:) A little trick I have learned over time in regards to AntiVir/PE.

If necessary the following will get you a current English version of AntiVir/PE, but be advised it is a time consuming process.

First uninstall any an all previous versions of AntiVir/PE. Also delete the AntiVir/PE programs directory. Obtain a new AntiVir/PE file from http://www.avdown.de/personal/en/avwinsfx.exe (This will get you the English version). Make sure no programs are running an no other virus protection programs are activated. Now install the new file, select to install all options. You will need to reset any options you may have made previously also.

Thanks
    wildman
    :eek: :D

6. bellgamin

Hmmm... I thought you had been banned from that board. ;)

I'm sorry that you keep having AntiVir update problems. I have this program on my computer. So do both my daughters, in their homes, as well as my son in TX, plus over 50 of my clients throughout several states in US & several other nations. We update daily & painlessly. All of us. Every day.

Some folks will eat a free lunch, and then grouse because they have to bus their own dirty dishes.

Life is hard. :D

7. wildman

Nope not yet. Have made some scathing comments about their update capabilities however. Make no apologies for it either.

Free with strings attached is not free, only an enticement toward entanglement.

Thanks
    wildman
    :eek: :D

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  8. fdiebol

fdiebol Registered Member

I did several attempts to update my Antivir in the last days and they failed. I tried to enter directly the download address in my browser instead of using the interface, I was redirected to the site of eAccelerator which is a controversial anti-virus editor...

9. wildman

:D You might want to try the method I indicated in Post #5. This is not the best method, in regards to quickness, but it will get you a current up to date English copy.

Thanks
    wildman
    :cool: :eek:

10. fdiebol

fdiebol Registered Member

Yesterday, I tried again to update Antivir using the interface, and it worked !
    The download was very slow. Thank you.

11. bellgamin

Me & my family & clients download AntiVir updates every day, day in & day out. We almost NEVER have speeds less that 125 Kbytes/sec, & usually enjoy speeds over 150 Kbytes/sec.

I made a screenshot of my download of AntiVir signature for today. Notice in the bottom right corner of the screenshot that the speed was a respectable 152.32 Kbyte/s.

Since Wilder's image uploads aren't working right now, I put the screenshot on one of my websites HERE. This is a typical example of the good speed you get by downloading between 2AM & 4AM Germany time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.