Advantage

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by chaos16, Feb 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Yes! that's what I have been trying to tell all along in this two day long post. Look"n"Stop is the better firewall by far! Good luck!

2. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

do u know when the next version will be comming outo_O

2.06 or 3.0o_O

any news?

3. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Well version 2.5p2 came out not that long ago,around fall or late summer 2004, I think,Fredrick would be the one to ask about that he is the author of LnS,or Phant0m,I am sure one of them can tell you more.

4. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

Altgough i have been an LNS user for a long time i won't tell you it's better than ZA.
    The best firewall is THE ONE YOU are most comfortable with.

LNS like other ruleset based firewalls offers more possibilities for customization.
    But that implies you are willing to learn about rules making in order to customize it later to suit your own needs although the enhanced ruleset should meet the needs of over 90% of it's users.

5. chaos16

so then i am sry to say Kush u were wrong.
    Look'n'stop is not better.
    I will stay with zonealarm pro then. as its user friendly.

If anyone can tell me when the next version of look'n'stop is coming out i would most appretate it

6. Kush

Kush Registered Member

7. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Most are comfortable with cheap Power Surge protectors; it doesn’t necessarily mean these cheap Power Surge protectors are the best, I know of many in my local alone who has ordeals to tell about their computers being damaged by using cheap Power Surge protectors.

Or I could say…..

I know a lot of people just in my local area alone who were most comfortable with Norton Anti-Virus, and guess what? They all ended up getting infections of different varieties.

8. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Just because MickeyTheMan told you one is not beter than the other,does not mean he is correct,even if he is a Mod in this forum,I am sure Fredrick will tell you the truth,and I think you don't even want to learn LnS,you want out of the box protection,which is not always better,Za maybe more user frendly,but it is crap! I admit I was a sucker to buy Za,and learned a good lesson from it,people can hack it! Ya! really good firewall.

chaos16 you did not even give LnS a chance!,just becase you have to learn something does not mean it is not user friendly,LnS better!

9. chaos16

i have tried look'n'stop and i don't like it sry if u are offended.
    there was always a ping sound none stop.

And zonealarm pro is not bloated u are reffering to zonealarm securite suite.
    zonealarm pro is only a firewall.
    and zonealarm security suite is a firewall and a antivirus plus an antiphishing.

Now Kush can u try the new trial version of zonealarm pro 5.5.062.11
    just give it a go u will see its better.
    and its not bloated.
    zonealarm security suite is bloated not pro try pro.the trial version.

plus look the the review sites that recommend it. plus well knowan sites like cnet,pc world, zdnet

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/catalog/products/sku_list_zap.jsp?lid=home3_artzap

give it a go pls.

10. chaos16

and can anyone tell me wat arp protection is pls and should i enable ito_O?

11. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Hello chaos16,

I am not offended by what you have said,I had za pro v5.1 and found it was over kill,why would I want to put back ZA on my computer after I have told you so many times I have been hacked and many other persons had it happen to them also,as for cnet,pc world, zdnet reviews
    I rather try it myself which I did and got hacked,there is no SPI on za that I know of?Which is less secure,why would you go for the less secure firewall?,just because you don't have to learn a thing about firewalls? I tried all za versions and they are all heavy on system resources all of them!,not sure what you have on your computer? But why get sucked into paying a fee every year,they are out for profit only!,as I told you when you will have a problem,good luck on getting an answer from these jerk's,hope I did not offend you,that is not my goal,but to safe you money on a crap software product,but I understand why you don't want to try LnS,it may look confusing when you first try it out,but read the help file and the forums and you will find it is very easy,the first day I was lost,emailed Fredrick and he helped me out within hours of sending the email,and he really gave a good explaination on what I am doing wrong,so after that email things got cleared up and Phantom I must thank you also. You helped me out until I learened it and you always told me "don't be afraid to ask questions,and in doing so it also helps other people"And chaos16 the ping sound just shut the sound off,that's not too hard is it? It's none stop because you have it enabled,that's all,but good luck with Za,you my not see the big picture at the moment,but you will see over the years just how much you are paying for a hackable firewall and your system will be slugish,boot-up time is way to long
    LnS on my computer boots up in under 30 seconds,za pro was close to 2 minutes,really good firewall?But all the best with your Za pro,but LnS kills ZA protection wise,I am done with this thread,you can fight it out with somebody else,but remember this is a LnS site,not a za site,I think you'll be more happy on a Za site for help,I think there is one on this webpage called other firewalls can't be sure if it was Wilders or not,but when you do find it,all you hear is people having trouble with Za pro,that's all it is problems!,all the best and good luck chaos16,it been interesting:]

12. chaos16

wat is ARP protection??
    should i enable ito_O

13. Phant0m

I agree, “That” sound is annoying and should be disabled by default; this is something that should be activated by the user. It would be different if this feature corresponded with extended security but under this case it really doesn’t and many of those who trials look ‘n’ stop product only uses long enough to be hit with that annoyance and shortly afterwards uninstalls it.

Many like ZoneAlarm for the reasons such as it covers many different security aspects, but people like myself which is also very many don’t like ZoneAlarm for such reasons like being bloatware.

Can someone answer this question I have in regards to ZoneAlarm? For instance the cookie protection mechanism it built basically of its own code? ZoneAlarm isn’t trying to use what’s available in the Windows environment such as embedded IE Privacy features, to be specific IE cookie features, and which is just as good if USED.
    And if my assumptions are correct I will make the assumption that ZoneAlarm wants to promote them by having their own cookie protection mechanism that has bells and whistles? Or at minimum give sense it can do something that Windows environment isn’t capable of offering.

Software developers needs to try to keep things from going bloatware by taking advantage of Windows own environments, it may not necessarily informing like telling you what all it blocks and what not but still a preferred choice by me.

I wouldn’t go as far to say ZoneAlarm isn’t good for many peoples likings, I know Look ‘n’ Stop lacks in detecting/informing/controlling specifically server acts (something I like to see Look ‘n’ Stop try to improve on…). Hmm this here may be confusion to you… If it is I can be more specific…

I would like to see Plug-Ins for Look ‘n’ Stop which is optional and not forced upon its customers to give control for things like HTTP-Referrer handling, Cookie handling but using browsers own environments for cookie protection and not try to implement own mechanisms just to have the extra bells and whistles…

I have to agree with people telling me ZoneAlarm looks/feels more convenient, sometimes convenient can be achieved with little effort, and the thing with this is, effort can be proving more knowledgeable and this case, more secure.

At this moment chaos16, I could ask you most commonly known TCP/IP question and you would fail it because you using ZoneAlarm has kept you ignorant.

Anyways chaos16 you made your decision long ago, I think possibly before you had even submitted this topic, if you ever have some time and use Look ‘n’ Stop again, and you being open-minded and not so quick to trash Look ‘n’ Stop without first trying to put some efforts into learning some of Look ‘n’ Stop features, do not hesitate to poster on the forum

Regards,
    Phant0m``

14. chaos16

but can anyone tell me wat ARP protection is pls

15. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Where did you see this "ARP protection" ?

Frederic

16. Phant0m

Protection against internal threats, generated on the same internet, LAN... ;)

17. Phant0m

ZoneAlarm feature I believe...

18. chaos16

is it recommended to enable it? or leave it disabled.

its in zonealarm settings

19. Phant0m

Please direct this question in General Firewalls forum on this board...

20. MickeyTheMan

MickeyTheMan Security Expert

21. Kush

Kush Registered Member

22. chaos16

zonealarm has changed since 5.1 its gone to 5.5.0.04 to 5.5.062.11

it is good for me. its not bloated for me and its not slow.

and when 6.0 comes i will really be looking forward to it.

i am sry that i don't like look'n'stop. maybe its better but i like zonealarm.

23. Kush

Kush Registered Member

My God!,kill me now!

24. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

:D :D :D

25. Phant0m

Hi Kush

LOL, easy!!! heh, chaos16 just stating opinions.

Like I’m about to;

- I doubt the ZoneAlarm support has changed, I and many others will agree support is vital.

- What I’m about to say something that may be offensive to some, but keep this in mind I’m not trying to discredit anybody. Many people who I see mention “It is good for me” are normally the ones who really don’t have a clue, I mean how could they know without first doing some homework? For instance I know mushrooms are good for me, does that mean I go out there in the back yard and start picking them and eating them? I would be a fool to eat without researching different types existing in my area and seeing if they are eatable.

- To me and number of people here, the majority probably agree that ZoneAlarm is bloatware; I personally definitely know it is bloatware and shouldn’t handle tasks that should be dealt by other means, for instance a big % of codework for cookie handling ALONE when developers could use mere little line, one little API to properly configure embedded IE Cookie feature which is just as good if EVER USED.

Because it is bloatware it causes many of users issues, and slowdown? Definitely, I could run Look ‘n’ Stop v2.05p2 on my 486/20mhz 8MB of RAM just fine, If I were to use ZoneAlarm version dated three years ago, even then It would take half hour or more to fully load. I definitely wouldn’t want to see how long today’s versions of ZoneAlarm take to fully load on that system…
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.