Trillian 3.0 freeware evaluation

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Thomas M, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas M

Thomas M Registered Member

Just tested the latest multi-chat-client Trillian 3.0 (free version).

(1.) First Trillian.exe tried phoning home, although the preferences window claims that NO information is send to the home server. Thanks to LnS for warning me :cool:

(2.) The new skin is nice!

(3) LnS always asks to permit or not permit an additional Trillian plugin (a DLL file for each protocol like AIM, Yahoo...) to connect, and this kills my Win2k-SP4 system so I must reboot :(

Summary and Conclusion: When using LnS, do not use the new Trillian 3.0 (free) at the same time. I would say, do not use Trillian 3.0 at all!

Any recommendations for an alternative chat-client product, please o_O

Thanks,
    Thomas :)

2. Terryala

Terryala Rest in Peace

I had problems with the new version also. Wouldn't install right so I stayed with the older version I had.

So I guess my answer would be if you were happy with the older version stay with it unless people here know of a better program for chat.

Grand Dad

3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Trillian checks for an update when you run the installer, and downloads the latest version if applicable. I do also seem to have a problem with Trillian locking up LnS when prompting to allow, the workaround for this is to manually add the DLLs to the allow list ('advanced options' > DLLs > Add, then browse to the Trillian folder and add the DLLs that need to connect)

4. Thomas M

Thanks Notok and Terryala for your replies :)

I just do not like, if a program does claim not to automatically check for updates, but in fact it does!

Anyway, Notoc: Thanks for your advice to manually install the DLLs. I will try since I can not find my old Trillian 2.0 install file :(

5. Thomas M

The manual "import" of the DLL-files from Trillian into LnS works fine on my system! Thanks Notok :cool:

Now I have Trillian 3 (free) running.... Did I mention that the new theme is really cool :cool: ?

6. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.