Acronis TI Boot CD Hangs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jbrid123, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbrid123

jbrid123 Registered Member

Brand new fresh out of the box Compaq, Acronis TI8 rescue CD boots, shows blue Acronis screen, then hangs on black screen.

Please help, thanks in advance.
    Thanks,
    John B

(p.s. yes i have used the Search on here, can't seem to find an answer. Also emailed Acronis tech support one week ago, no response)

2. Yemble

Yemble Registered Member

If you press F11 whilst it's booting and then delete the "quiet" setting at the prompt, you will be able to see at what point it locks up.

Mine (build 771) locks up when loading the Sil 3112A drivers, in spite of Acronis' claims to have fixed this particular Linux problem.

3. jbrid123

Yemble - Thanks very much for the reply. However, I still get the black screen. I have pressed F11 while it is booting, pressed it repeatedly while it is booting, and even tried holding it down continuously, with no difference.
    Thanks again,
    John

4. wdormann

wdormann Registered Member

Do you have a USB Keyboard? If so, is the "Legacy USB" option enabled in your BIOS?

You should be pressing F11 before the ATI splash screen comes up. If the splash screen is up, then you're already too late.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jbrid123,

Could you please find the full version number as it is shown at http://www.acronis.com/support/ and let us know it?

Also please clarify what are the last words you can see on the screen. "Starting Acronis loader" or "Loading, please wait"?

Thank you for the cooperation.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213
    South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis support department
    e-mail: support@acronis.com

Acronis... compute with confidence

6. jbrid123

Thanks for the help, everyone.
    I pressed F11 before the ATI screen, that worked partially. I deleted the "quiet" entry, but same result, black screen.
    It is a regular keyboard, not USB.
    It says "Starting Acronis Loader", and is build 764.
    I tried getting the latest build, but found I needed to register, which I guess I forgot to do. The registration screen requires a "license code or product identification number" so I put in the only number I have which is the serial number for the product I bought, and it rejected that, so another stone wall.
    Thanks for the help, and forgive me for bothering you with these things, but I would really like this to work.
    Feel free to email jbridges@jbaokc.com
    Thanks again, John

7. mbell

mbell Guest

I have exact same thing. I'm also using a Compaq(SR1010NX)

8. cjmeyers

cjmeyers Guest

Could you guys tell me if your server have remote Insight Board installed? I am seeing the same issue, but if I remove the RIB it works fine.

Chris
    cjmeyers@bryancave.com

9. kevins

kevins Guest

I'm getting the same thing on when trying to boot on a Motion Computing Tablet PC with USB CDROM...

frustrating as heck...

Kevin

10. NoahsMyBro

NoahsMyBro Registered Member

I've got a similar problem.

New PC - WIndows XP Pro (I don't think that matters, but it's there jus tin case).

DFI nf3 250Gb motherboard, Athlon 64 3000+

*SATA* Seagate 120g hdd

If I try to boot from the TI8 BootCD, the TIServer for Windows GUI appears, and the system hangs.

If I try to boot from the TI7 BootCD, the TIServer for Windows GUI appears and is responsive, but when I select 'Create Image' TI tells me it sees no installed hard drive.

I conclude TI7 doesn't support SATA. And TI8 won't run.

The keyboard and mouse are PS/2.

In another thread I saw mention of the ACPI=Off switch - how would I try that?

I've sysprepped the hard drive in the system, and want to get an image of it to the LAN before rolling it out to a user.

A less desirable, but workable alternative for me would be if there is some way I could use the Disk Clone feature to copy this drive to another, physically installed hdd. However, the drives would both still be SATA, and I assume any solution will allow me to write the image to the LAN just as easily as to another installed drive.

Thanks,
    Steve

11. Acronis Support

Hello Kevin,
    Hello Steve,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

Kevin, please note that Acronis True Image has been manufactured as the utility for IBM PC compatible machines. We cannot tell you if it is capable of running on Tablet PCs. We don't support them officially.

Steve, please make sure you use the latest build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

If the problem persists with the latest build please contact support@acronis.com and let us know the full model name of your SATA controller and also please send us the sysinfo.txt file:

Could you please boot from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears? After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the "OK" button and wait for # prompt to appear. Please insert a diskette into a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands:

mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

Send the sysinfo.txt file from the diskette to support@acronis.com.

Please also note that you can create an image under Windows. There shouldn't be any driver incompatibilities under Windows and you will be able to create an image.

Thank you.

12. peteramd

peteramd Registered Member

I am now able to boot whithout problem from the CD but I created it using the standard, not the advanced option. I can now see both SATA drives and create or restore my image to them with no problem. I use the latest build (764 or 774 I think)

13. Acronis Support

Hello peteramd,

Can you please clarify what do you mean by "the standard, not the advanced option"? There are two types of Acronis bootable rescue media: the full and the safe.

Thank you.

14. peteramd

peteramd Registered Member

Sorry, I meant the "Safe". The full did't work at all (black screen and PC stuck). However, the safe did recognize my SATA and USB mouse, so, no problem. :)

15. Acronis Support

Hello peteramd,

Have you contacted our Support Team at support@acronis.com regarding the problem with the full version? If you want to try to resolve it please contact them.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.