Installation Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Shelb, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelb

Shelb Registered Member

Had to reformat an old drive. When I tried to reinstall True Image 7, it fails. Installation appears to go fine until the final screen which shows the following message:

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image. Unfortunately, the program cannot continue because an error occurred. Please attempt to run Acronis True Image again later.

This has occurred the past several days without a successfull installation.
    Thanks for your help.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. Shelb

Shelb Registered Member

No luck with the new installation file. Gives the same error.

Any other ideas?

4. Acronis Support

Hello --

Please install the below update with disabled logging and see whether the problem remains.

http://www.acronis.com/files/support/SnapAPI_s_e.exe

If the problem does remain, please enable logging by running the update once more, reproduce the program failure and send me the c:\snapapi.log file.

Thank you.

5. Shelb

Shelb Registered Member

The problem still remains. Here is the contents of the snapapi.log file.

Thanks for your help.

6. dnickell

dnickell Registered Member

I'm going through the same fight right now. The Trial Version loaded and ran with no problem, but I can't get the registered problem to do much more than crash. :mad:

I've been in almost daily contact with an Irene who instructed me to d/l the checksum program from www.acronis.com/files/support/md5sum.exe .

The MD5 value for Acronis True Image 8.0 must be 4915524F0FFA4EF4B7F39E2F5A90FB41. And that my browser's Download Manager, and any Internet speed enhancers must be turned OFF.

With all that I've d/l'ed and checked 3 times today with no luck, the value is not even close, so I've not waisted any more time installing and trying to run the main program. o_O

If/when I get this straightened out I'll be sure to let you know. :doubt:

Don

7. Shelb

Shelb Registered Member

bump.....

Please help :D

8. jeffshaffer

jeffshaffer Guest

I too am having the exact same issue trying to instal True Imager Server 8.0...

9. Shelb

Shelb Registered Member

Acronis Support? Pleas help....I have been unable to use the program for over a month now.

10. Major Fatal

Major Fatal Guest

Hello ! First of all, excuse my poor English but i'm French.

I believe i guessed where the problem is : the Acronis schedule task always run after uninstall !!!
    The following Acronis Scheduler2 Service regkey cannot be got rid of...

I believe that if there was a way to erase her, the installation of a new version would then be possible ?!?

11. Major fatal

Major fatal Guest

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Acronis with "Scheduler" UnderKey :'(

12. Acronis Support

Hello,

There are several reasons why you can face into the described problems during the installation.

1) The installation file has been damaged. We recommend you to download it again at http://www.acronis.com/support/updates/. To get access to updates you must register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/registration/. Please remember to disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

2) There are programs installed on your computer which prevent Acronis True Image to install its drivers. In this case we recommend you to contact support@acronis.com because this problem requires additional investigation.

3) All other cases. You are welcome at support@acronis.com.

Also you can PM me your email address and ask to answer you if you have mailed to support@acronis.com.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213
    South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis support department
    e-mail: support@acronis.com

Acronis... compute with confidence

Last edited: Dec 10, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.