Acronis freezes

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Marty2, Oct 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marty2

Marty2 Registered Member

I've been trying to use ver. 8.0 Build 771 and it's been locking up the computer; I've tried 3 times.

I get to the window "Commit Pending Operation" where it says "Preparing for image creation" and "analyzing partition", and it freezes. The cursor can be moved, but doesn't have any effect on even the Abort button. Ctrl-alt-del also doesn't work. The computer has to be powered off.

I've been trying to get an image of the primary partition, Win98, with about 5gb used out of about 10gb total. Using normal compression.

I would appreciate any suggestions re cause and cure.

Marty

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi

Have you tried an uninstall/reinstall?

Assuming you're attempting to create a TI image under Windows rather than from the Boot Rescue Disk, it's also worth checking out this post for a possible solution.

Regards

3. Marty2

Marty2 Registered Member

Yes, have already done a reinstall; no luck. Might try it again.

Downloaded schedhlp.reg, tried to run it and got message: "Cannot import Schedhlp.reg. The specified file is not a registry script. You can import only registry files."

Tried a second time and got same message.

Any other things to try? Would really like to get it working.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

O.K. Just carried out a check on my old Windows 98SE setup. Seems shedhlp.reg is in Unicode format which I confirm isn't recognised when trying to merge in Win 98.

Load schedhlp.reg into Wordpad (write.exe not notepad.exe) then "Save As" a text file and ensure the file name reads schedhlp.reg rather than schedhlp.txt. After saving, you should be able to merge it into the Win 98 registry.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.