Several config items still greyed out

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by chrizio, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrizio

chrizio Guest

Hi, I need to reopen my old discussion
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1990193&postcount=1

An upgrade of EAV from 5.2.9.1 to 6.0.308.0 has been conducted a short time ago. Just in the moment it is emerging only on a Win XP SP3 machine.
    The upgrade was made by exporting settings while still in 5.x, uninstalling 5.x, reboot the system twice, installing 6.x, then importing the settings saved with 5.x. I won't manage to recreate them all manually, sorry it would be cumbersome job. Therefore, the export then import steps.
    I guess, the moves from 3.x to 4.x, and 4.x to 5.x in the past where carried out in the exact way.

Several areas in EAV configuration are still grayed out
    (even if to browse them using Windows admin credentials):
    - Web and Email > whole Web access Protection section
    - several sections under Protocol filtering
    I noticed, they get accessible (ungrayed out) only if to "Integrate Protocol Filtering into System" and upon "Enabling application protocol content filtering". I wonder where does the enable status of PF have impact on accessibility of WAP configuration from. As for me there is no reason for such connection - these two WAP and PF are presented by EAV as two facilities of same rank.

Indeed, if to disable Enabling application protocol content filtering again the whole WAP section gets grayed out.

- PF is integrated into system and the APCF is enabled and set to "Applications marked as web browsers and email clients" >
    the issue is that Web and Email clients window presents a list of several applications, some of them are checked but user
    is unable to check/uncheck any of these items. The section's header, description below the header and the Add.. are all grayed out again.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What's the output of running "sc query epfwwfpr" with administrator rights?

3. chrizio

chrizio Guest

sc query epfwwfpr
    [SC] EnumQueryServicesStatus:OpenService FAILED 1060:

The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.