Comodo Internet Security 6.xx Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Mops21, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

2. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

2674 is the Final version. It just was distributed first 3rd parties. No biggie.

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I got a question. The latest COMODO version I tried was v.3. :argh: I remember that back then, if we wanted to block IPs or IP ranges, we'd need to manually add them, and the entries would be placed in the Windows registry.

Do the newest versions allow to import lists of IPs/IP ranges, and does it still place the entries in the registry?

Thanks!

4. VectorFool

VectorFool Registered Member

Comodo Virtual Kiosk doesn't load on my PC
    it loaded the first time (after install)
    but later after the restart it just shows "virtual Kiosk is loading"
    they didn't fix the issue completely

5. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

I think it should do better than Avast 7(infinite builds to correct BSOD's) on your PC....:D

6. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

I never had any BSOD issues with avast! (apart from one time where only me and 1 other user experienced it and it was some bizarre glitch that only happened in extremely rare situation). And even that one was quickly diagnosed and fixed in the next update.

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Like i predicted. They rushed the release and now its half broken. I've reported this bug during BETA1 and it never got fixed because someone decided they'll just skip the proper beta testing...

"Trust files installed by the trusted installers" doesn't work if you uncheck "Detect installers and show privilege elevation alerts". And i have to uncheck this because i don't want the end user to get bombarded by elevation alrts and him/her possibly clicking allow unlimited access for malware). Very shoddy QA...

8. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

Does anyone know if it works on win 8 pro? I know the beta and 5.12 had issues. Are they solved? The black screens and other issues?

9. smage

smage Registered Member

Hmm it seems that Comodo has released a BETA product as final!!
    I suggest people should wait for a stable release before installing it on inexperienced users PCs.

10. spywar

spywar Registered Member

smage you say "they have released a beta instead of final" Why ? Please justify with pure source ... saying that does not mean anything at all...

11. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

absolute nonsense.
    It is officially announced as a final on the comodo forum and improvements will be added in time.
    Ive just recently installed it and everything is working ok with no issues.(touch wood)lol.

12. smage

smage Registered Member

Well if you had followed the BETA testing, you would have understood why I am saying this. They had only 1 BETA I think, there was a lot of unfixed bugs, no RC and a complete lack of communication. They jumped directly to a final product. That's why I advised not to install it on inexperienced users PCs for the time being, but it's up to you.

Well you are a lucky guy, good for you:)
    I'm afraid not everyone would be as fortunate as you.lol

13. The Red Moon

I must apologise i was not trying to be arrogant or conceited and i was surprised as much as anybody on its earlier than expected release.
    Upon looking through the comodo forum it would appear that this is indeed the final version.
    I was a bit nervous to start off with but ive not seen anything that would cause alarm with it.the computer is stable and comodo is running very light and so far so good.
    The virtual kiosk opens without issue.
    Im sure refinements will be downloaded along the way but for now on first impressions it seems a solid and very nice program.:thumb:

14. smage

smage Registered Member

In fact I'm currently using CIS v5 without any issue, so I'll wait for the next release to give CIS v6 a try:)

15. The Red Moon

I was using version 5.12 but curiosity got the better of me and i downloaded and installed which is probably what i would have been having to do in a couple of weeks anyway.

16. javahole

javahole Registered Member

Installed CIS free today. Flash looking set up. Could take me awile figuring out what it all does. o_O

I see it has its own Comodo Dragon Virtual browser , which i'm thinking is what people refer to on here as the comodo sandbox containing the browser.

Got some more dumb questions. Can anybody tell me why anyone would use the plain comodo dragon browser (which is also installed...and is fast) , when they can have the security of the VM browser? Is everything erased when you close this browser, hence the option of the normal browser ?

Is it a full system VM ? (i've heard some say it is and some not)

I've been searching the web to try and find out about it and what its capable of , but ''comodo virtual browser'' doesnt reveal much and would like to understand what parts of your PC it sandboxes.

Cheers

17. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

I'm happy to see the new version, and the new features seem nice, but I tried to install version 6: no option to don't install Dragon browser, and after the reboot, CIS told me that was impossible to load one module, and freezes. I'll wait next fix....

18. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

You can uncheck crappy GeekBuddy and Comodo Dragon on the first installer screen... you just have to open advanced settings with a button somewhere on the bottom part of the installer.

19. siketa

siketa Registered Member

In fact, Dragon is an excellent browser and I would like to encourage more people to try it.
    :thumb:

20. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Its the same thing as Chrome. With few tweaks and new name and icon...

21. siketa

siketa Registered Member

It is based on Chromium but is more secure regarding privacy than Chrome.
    Also it comes with PrivAlert (temporarily revoked) and WebInspector extensions.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  22. spywar

spywar Registered Member

+1, agree :thumb:

23. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

Installed CIS 6 Final on Win 7 64

Installed fine & running smooth.

24. buckslayr

buckslayr Registered Member

Just installed v6 on (2) win 7 64-bit and (1) win xp 32-bit. Running great - no problems to report so far.

25. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

How goes the update from v5.x ?
    Will we have to re-configure everything back to our likings, and re-starting to build the rules we fine-tuned for the last year(s) ?

Perhaps most people only have rules for some handful of processes, but I have hundreds.
    I don't want to end up in the same situation as with the latest v4 to v5 "update".:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.