Hitman Pro Support and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by yashau, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Just scanning now with the new beta... just finished, and the scan definitely takes longer.

BTW, I have just purchased a 3 yr license a few days ago. :)

ScreenShot_HMP_3.7.0_Build 178 beta_01.jpg

ScreenShot_HMP_3.7.0_Build 178 beta_02.jpg

ScreenShot_HMP_3.7.0_Build 178 beta_03.jpg

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  2. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

Ran on vista 32 bit and windows 7,64 bit . Both home premium and no problems....:D

3. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Win 8 x64 Pro here and runs fine. Could not tell any difference in speed.

I do have a question though. I broke down on black Friday-cyber Monday sale and bought a license for Hitman Pro. I am new to keeping it installed on my system as previously I just downloaded as needed and ran it. Can I install the new versions over the top? When I run the beta it does not install. Am I to assume you must always uninstall the previous version first, before installing the new?

4. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

No problems with 178 beta here.

5. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Betas do not install over Stable releases. But 3.7 will reach Stable state on December 4. A few days later, existing users of HitmanPro will auto update to 3.7.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  6. Esse

Esse Registered Member

Changelog says:Improved detection of ransomware infection.

That is all fine but what happens if I can not start HMP due to the infection, or is there some kind of "force breach" mode for this also?
    I just had this problem with a computer and I could not execute HMP, not even in safe mode.

/E

7. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Both 174 and 178 runs without problems. As for time 178 takes 60% more time with respect to version 174.

8. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hitman pro has had force breach mode for quite a few versions. You hold down ctrl and it will load in force breach mode. if you get a uac prompt let go of ctrl when it pops up then type in password and hold ctrl again.

9. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

On my machine scan was only 1 second longer with 178 Beta (2 min. 34 sec.).

10. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Win 7 x64 build 174 3m 36s
    build 178 beta 3m 31s

11. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hey hey, just in time for Sinterklaas :D :thumb:

12. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Question: Why is there no full scan option? Other than reducing strain on your servers?

13. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Re: Hitman Pro Support and Discussion Thread - kickstart

Announcing HitmanPro.Kickstart - Available now!

Several people asked us why we increased the version number from 3.6 to 3.7 during the Beta period. And today I can finally reveal the reason ...

With great pleasure we announce the addition of HitmanPro.Kickstart to HitmanPro's arsenal!

HitmanPro.Kickstart is the solution against police ransomware and other persistent malware that has taken your computer hostage or prevents normal computer use.

When your PC has been infected with ransomware you see a message, supposedly from the police, FBI or other authorities, demanding that a fine must be paid in order to unlock the computer. Payment is done via prepaid cards from Ukash, MoneyPak or Paysafecard.

Kickstart-Moneypack.png Kickstart-Reveton.png Kickstart-Polizei.png kickstart-reveton-de.png

All you need to do is boot up your system with the help of the HitmanPro.Kickstart USB flash drive. The programs on the flash drive will make sure that you boot into your own familiar Windows environment and start HitmanPro there. All the required drivers for your devices and all wireless network passwords (who can remember them?) will be readily available. here is no need to become familiar with the tools of other operating systems, like for instance Linux.

In addition, a live ransomed Windows environment provides lots of forensic information, like which processes have started and which processes run full screen (blocking access to the desktop). This information gives HitmanPro a solid lead on which files and registry keys belong to the ransomware. An obvious advantage over rescue CDs that boot into a different environment and rely on virus signatures.

Kickstart.png

Other unique features of HitmanPro.Kickstart
    • Boots your own ransomed operating system - not a seperate Linux system
    • Bypasses ransomware on the master boot record (MBR) that prevents the computer from booting
    • Automatically runs HitmanPro without entering a Windows account or password
    • Kicks ransomware, fake antiviruses and other fraudulent and malicious software from your computer

You will find a lot more information on our special webpage, including documentation, FAQ and videos:
    http://www.surfright.com/kickstart

The two video's illustrating how easy its can be found here as well:

Turn your existing USB flash drive into a bootable HitmanPro.Kickstart USB flash drive:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBS902Qr0oc

Removing ransomware using the HitmanPro.Kickstart USB flash drive:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUNHidkYsDQ

Changelog build 179
    • ADDED: HitmanPro.Kickstart to easily remove ransomware using USB flash drive.
      For more information and video's: www.surfright.com/kickstart
    • ADDED: Flying Kick icon on the Welcome screen.
      Click this icon to turn any existing USB flash drive into a bootable HitmanPro.Kickstart USB flash drive.
    • ADDED: Zero-day detection of ransomware through behavioral scan.
    • ADDED: Zero-day detection of Zbot infections through behavioral scan.
    • ADDED: Automatic creation of log files.
    • ADDED: Logs under Settings, History where you can view the created log files.
    • ADDED: /nologs command line option.
    • ADDED: Scan for specific recent files (part of remnant scan).
    • ADDED: NoViewContextMenu policy repair.
    • IMPROVED: Removal of ZeroAccess (Sirefef) infected services.exe on 64-bit systems.
    • IMPROVED: NTFS parser. On some systems HitmanPro processed too many files due to incorrectly parsing specifc NTFS records. These systems should see an improvement in scan speed.
    • IMPROVED: Crusader to replace infected critical system files with clean original versions.
    • IMPROVED: Remnant scanner.
    • IMPROVED: Parsing of registry keys related to the Windows Shell (XP).
    • FIXED: On some systems HitmanPro unnecessarily restarted explorer.exe.
    • UPDATED: Support driver.
    • UPDATED: German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian and English languages.
    • Version 3.7.

Thank you all for helping us with this release!! :thumb:

14. BoerenkoolMetWorst

Congratulations! Once again a very innovative solution :)

15. lodore

lodore Registered Member

If i create a hitman pro kickstart with the 64bit version on 64bit windows can i use that to clean a 32bit OS as well as 64bit?

edit: looks like I will Have to wait awhile before using this feature. I created it successfully on windows 8 64bit with eset installed but Cannot get it to work with one of my windows 8 desktops and windows 7 laptop. I tryed creating the media on windows 7 64bit but it didnt successfully write to the mbr of the usb stick I dont know if f-secure being installed was the reason. all the machines I have tested kickstart on are free from malware.

16. erikloman

erikloman Developer

If you create the stick you can use the stick on both 32-bit and 64-bit computers that are ransomed. While you can create a HitmanPro.Kickstart USB flash drive on Windows 8, you cannot use the stick to boot Windows 8.

Can you post a screenshot of the error that occurs while creating the USB drive under Windows 7 64-bit?

17. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I do not get an error when creating under windows 7 64bit But when i try to boot from the stick I get the error no mbr on stick so it skips to next boot device. I have then used the same usb stick to create kickstart on a windows 8 pc and then the stick works on the same laptop that it reported an error about no mbr on stick before.

so will windows 8 be supported later on?

18. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Yes. Booting into a ransomed Windows 8 environment will be supported later.

19. Turriff

Turriff Registered Member

Does 3.7 address the current problem that HitmanPro is not being able to remove Chrome tracking cookies unless that browser is closed? (Unlike IE cookies).

20. BoerenkoolMetWorst

21. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi Eric

When will the Update via the internal Updater from Version 3.6 to 3.7 comes out

Can you post or send me your E-Mail Adress via the pm to me

Thank you very much

22. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Either tomorrow or Thursday.

23. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Not yet. Chrome is holding write locks so in a next version HitmanPro has to close Chrome before removal of the cookies.

24. erikloman

erikloman Developer

Thanks. Will fix this a.s.a.p.!

25. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.