Panda Cloud Antivirus Beta 1.9

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by pbust, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

I don't hate it, I just dislike it. But that's true.

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

there are longer ones still going on, the vendor just doesnt know it.:D

2.0 will be worth the wait I am sure.

3. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

:thumb:

4. carat

carat Guest

But I hope it can be turned off ... :)

5. Montmorency

Montmorency Registered Member

Why? Did you fell any issues with it?

6. carat

carat Guest

No - I just don't need it ...

7. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

I recall there being an option for it in the toolbar settings.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I might be retired by then.:rolleyes:

9. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

So you are retiring early? :argh: :gack:

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

o_O No but I still might be before they take the beta tag off of this baby.:cautious:

11. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

I hope Panda supports Windows 8 beta, though I suppose thats if the leaks are legit. :)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  12. Sir Percy

Sir Percy Registered Member

He he, good one. :D

I agree it's taking way to long if you consider how few new things are going into this 2.0, i must admit the very slow pace is both mystifying and disappointing.

Unfortunately it seems to me that the cloud av is low priority, probably just a way to get a lot of users in the cloud delivering data and hence the free version. Hope i'm wrong though & looking forward to it being released finally. :)

13. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Oh no. I think Panda is doing their best to make 2.0 as bug-free as possible. :) :thumb:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  14. trjam

trjam Registered Member

the time limit of the beta doesnt bother me. I am sure this is going to be a very special product when it comes out. So waiting only makes the anticipation better.

15. carat

carat Guest

Trjam and Panda - I can't believe what I see! :D

16. Sir Percy

I'm sure they are....albeit arguably veeeery slowly (compared to other vendors), but that would be the goal of any developer. (trying to make it as bugfree as possible)

One of my three licenses will have run out before 2.0 is released. The money does not bother me and i WILL continue with PCAV pro because i like it and i prefer to support a vendor i use even if a free version would suit my needs. PCAV is a great AV, yes it needs further development in several areas: Removal & Behavior Analysis is a bit rough around the edges & needs development, i'm sure this on the "list", personally i would love to see a native 64bit version, but i'm fairly happy with PCAV as it is and hope Panda will not fall for users pleading for a million options we do not use anyway and in the end slow too much like other AV's/suites including Panda's own. I only have one thing that bugs a me and thats the slow pace PCAV is developed with.

I say again: Throw those oldschool signaturebased Panda AV/suite solutions Panda have galore out the door and move the developers onto the cloud team (which probably consists of Pedro and one other guy! ;) :D ).

I i were to make a wishlist:

1. More resources directed towards PCAV, Pedro needs a helping hand, we don't want to see him burn out.

2. Better removal of malware.

3. Better Bahavior analysis.

4. Native 64bit version.

5. Keep it "as is", the firewall is fine particularly because it can be disabled if we want to. But please no password managers, anti-parental plugin's, blood pressure apps or toenail clippers!

6. Oh yeah and better handling of the licenses at users account login, very strange that you can only see the first license you buy and not subsequent purchases. :)

17. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Old school signature-based? Panda AV/suite solutions use the Collective Intelligence as well, don't ya know. :D Oh the PCAV development team is much bigger than that, only a couple are present on the forum. ;)

18. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Be skeptical...:shifty:

19. Sir Percy

I'm amused that you would think i meant it litteraly when i said. "Pedro and one other guy" because ok i admit it, i had a vicious attack of humour as i wrote it! ;)

If you have used all the Panda versions you would that know some of the "oldschool" versions were downright heavy on your system and the Panda suite of today ain't much different Collective Intelligence or not and include everything plus the kitchensink we rarely use, the point i was trying to make was that PCAV is not (exept for Behavior Analysis in certain environments) like them. I like PCAV a lot & just want the development to speed up a bit especially in the area of Behavior Analysis, removal of malware and a 64bit application which i happen to know is on the roadmap, but with no dates whatsoever = more likely to arrive in 2013/14 than 2012. It's a short list and i don't think there is anything wrong with that list at all.

But i do apologize unreservedly for having stepped on your "Collective Intelligence toe's". ;) :p :cool:

20. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I completely agree with this list :)

21. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

I know you joking, nor did I take it literally. Its cool man. :D But stay clear of this Panda's toes, cause I bite. :p ;)

I have used Panda 2011 and 2012 on my netbook and found them okay in terms of resources. One hand down, I agree with your list. There may not be an ETA, but 2.0 is "most likely" coming this year. Whatcha think? I can see the future. :cool:

22. Montmorency

Montmorency Registered Member

I agree as well but I would add
    7 Iron out the bugs

I say this because after reading all the (long) threads about Panda Cloud in these forums I noticed there are some recurrent bugs that should had been resolved long ago, including some shared with the classic Panda products.
    I was going to try PCAV myself but this particular issue puts me off.

Just don't misunderstand this post; Im not trying to trash the program. In fact I find it the most promising AV in the market (and with a free version and all) but it does need polishing.

23. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Since the first beta in early 2009 we've been releasing 3 or 4 versions per year, which is very active if you compare it with the traditional once-per-year AV releases (2012, 2011, 2010, etc.). Recently we have been working simultaneously on 2 development tracks (1.5.x and 1.9.x beta) and that's the reason for a slightly longer delay for a new release. But I can tell you that in the very short term there will be a lot of new releases in all fronts. In regards to the long beta period we have made a huge change in the platform for the firewall for Vista/Win7 which required a complete re-write of the firewall in the 1.9.1 beta version. This has prolonged the development time but will result in a much more stable, better performance and less conflicting firewall.

24. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

Does this mean the firewall will only work on Vista/7?

25. pbust

pbust AV Expert

No, of course not. It means that PCAV will use one technology platform for the firewall under Vista/Win7 and a different one for XP. The result is more stability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.