V.5 Installation error

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Dalisword, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dalisword

Dalisword Registered Member

Hi, I was trying to install NOD32 V.5 and the website said to download the new installer then uninstall your current antivirus (which was a trial version of NOD32 V.4) So I did that and the uninstaller had a file that it couldn't delete because I didn't have ownership or privileges (which I find odd because I am the only user on my laptop ((Vista Home Premium))). So when reinstalling V.5 it goes through the entire process and at the very end an error pops up "Could not write value ProductCode to key \software\ESET\ESET SECURITY\Current Version\info Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel. The last time I tried I ran the installer as Administrator and it did the exact same thing. I don't want to just start deleting things but if I have the installer separate couldn't I just go to my install spot and remove the file since it is assuming that I am doing a fresh install. If not what can I do?

2. Thiggy

Thiggy Registered Member

A suggestion to use the ESET uninstaller to remove any leftovers, then reboot to install the new version. Also suggest to log in as or switch to an admin user account for the install.

3. muf

muf Registered Member

Uninstall in safe mode. That's the only way I could do it.

Paul

4. Dalisword

I combined both ideas. Restarted in safe mode and ran eset's cleaner. It ran an error. Then followed their instructions and retried install but same error. If I could find this file that keeps messing up and just delete it I would be happy. Any more ideas? Is there an even higher privileges account than admin in Vista? There isn't like a windows root or anything is there?

5. Thiggy

Thiggy Registered Member

May be best to contact ESET customer support for assistance. It's unusual to continue to see an error when using the ESET clean-up utility in safe mode.

6. Dalisword

I haven't bought a license yet, n was just running a trial version. I was under the impression that they wouldn't deal with me until I buy a license. Is this true?

7. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I'm reasonably certain support would be happy to help you become a paying customer of ESET. :)

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

8. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

9. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

10. Dalisword

I ended up test driving comodo instead. I really liked Nod32 but at this point I don't have a ton of time to mess with it.

Thanks for all your help posters!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.