Best Value Gaming PC

Discussion in 'hardware' started by TheKid7, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

What are some ideas for a "Best Value" Gaming PC? The person who wants the Gaming PC would like to keep the PC price 'preferably' under $1,000. Also, a "build your own" PC is out of the question. The person wants to purchase an already built PC such as is sold by such companies as Dell, Gateway, HP, etc.

The primary game which is to be played is called MineCraft.

Thanks in Advance.

P.S. If you do not know of a particular PC, please give me a range of component specifications (CPU, RAM, Video Card, etc.) so that I can watch out for PC "Specials".

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  2. c2d

c2d Registered Member

CPU:Core i5 2500k-For the CPU I would suggest the i5 2500k (great CPU for gaming)
    MB:Asus P8P67 Pro (my favorite) or Z68 -As for the mobo I would suggest any of the mid range P67 or Z68 chipsets. (Asus or Gigabyte)
    RAM:4 GB RAM GSkill DDR 1333 Mhz
    GPU:Nvidia GTX 460 or GTX 560 or if you prefer ATI 6850 or stronger as 6870

3. Spysnake

Spysnake Registered Member

c2d pretty much covered the basics. However, I feel that I have to warn you about the Asus P67 (and some Z6:cool: boards if you or your friend goes with a build that includes them - they have BIOS problems with heat reporting and sleep function. It is maybe better to look for Gigabyte, MSI or EVGA if you want a P67 board.

And a note about Minecraft; while it is "heavy" because of the Java base, it isn't very graphics intensive. The heaviness seems to have more to do with the amount of RAM the computer has. If the computer is for that game only (can I by the way ask, that why? :D), you do not need a very good graphics card, GTX 460 will do well.

4. cozumel

cozumel Registered Member

Your friend could always head over to Dell Factory Oulet store which sell a mixture of refurbished, cancelled orders and scratch/dent PCs, all with a standard Dell warranty. XPS well within budget and some Alienware too. Updated 1530 hours every day if I remember correctly. Sometimes some really good deals are available but needs to be checked every day and the best deals are all gone by 1535. I've known people to get stuff at 40+% less than the price for same product on main site.

5. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

What time zone is the 1530 hours (CST, Central Standard Time, etc.)?

6. cozumel

cozumel Registered Member

Good question...can't confirm...sorry dude.:doubt: Just did a real quick google for answer but nothing coming back. For all I know they changed their system and continually update as stock becomes available. Either way, I'd guess it's a sure thing the best deals are gone quicker than you can say 'Babe Ruth'! :D

If you go to the outlet homepage I linked to earlier, scroll down to the bottom of the page, you'll find links to their outlet twitter and facebook accounts which apparently notify of updates etc. There is also a third link for email notification. Can't be certain how immediate these updates are...

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  7. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

I've never done business with them but Magic Micro (Cleveland, Ohio I believe) sells fully customizable PCs and they have a stellar feedback rating on Ebay- 99.9% positive out of just under 16,000 feedback posts.
    http://www.magicmicro.com/

Good luck in your search.

8. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

The Dell Outlet website doesn't always update at 15:30. It's pretty random, I've seen stock added in the morning, afternoon, etc. And it's really worth the effort, the machines on there are probably the best money savings around.

I bought a laptop from there recently and I was lucky to have got a returned machine with no damage. And any damage found will be fixed next day with Dell's gaurantee, same as if you bought it brand new.

9. Noob

Noob Registered Member

When giving recommendations for build include ALL parts.
    PSU, HDD, DVD Drive and even the case ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.