Quarantine Directory Not Found

Discussion in 'WormGuard' started by Dazed_and_Confused, May 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

The main screen of WG has a path for the quarantine directory. THe default directory path was "c:\quarantine". I modified it to be "c:\Wormguard\quarantine". I don't see either directory. Does WG create this direcitory when it first tries to quarantine a file, or am I supposed to create this directory? o_O

2. Dazed_and_Confused

I'm assuming no reply means for the first time (that I've seen), everyone at Wilders (including the folks from DCS) have no answers. :(

3. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

I have an answer, just compiling a reply/pics, sec...

TAS

4. Tassie_Devils

ok.. first.. What I had done was create a 'Quarantine' folder within the Wormguard directory, not just in C:\ drive.

Now, to get it to quarantine, you must have options checked like my GUI, then when the warning window comes up you 'Select' what you want it to do.

Nothing, delete, quarantine, etc.

first pic... checked options...

TAS

Attached Files:

5. Tassie_Devils

Now when the warning comes up... from the drop down list of what actions to take.. select Quarantine...

OK that.... a confirmation window comes up saying it's done, OK that, and it's gone to the Quarantine folder... but..

it has changed the extensions yet again, to a harmless .txt file + it has added an ANALYSIS.txt file giving information regarding it...

see pic...

HTH, TAS

Attached Files:

6. Dazed_and_Confused

Thanks, Tassie. So you DO have to create the directory yourself. I'll do that now and give it a test. :D

7. Tassie_Devils

Hi D&C:

I'm not too sure if you *had* to, I just did, as wanted it kept within the WG directory itself. Never tried it at all first. I did that myself after first installing and playing around.

Maybe it would have created it's own Quarantine folder in C:\ if not there, don't know. :D

TAS

8. Dazed_and_Confused

Tass: Just to let you know, it will create the directory for you once you quarantine something for the first time. Suggestion for next version: Have the app check for the existence of the directory when entered into the dialog box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.