Opinions about Core Force?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Fox Mulder, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder Registered Member

Hi everyone! I'm looking to "start fresh" sometime soon, and I was investigating possible security software alternatives. I currently run COMODO Internet Security and I find it excellent, but I started to think about Core Force. I was aware of Core Force years ago, and it seemed like it gave me more control over my system than COMODO, but I'm wondering how it has developed over the years.

Does anyone here have experience with Core Force?

2. guest

guest Guest

According to the website Core Force is only compatible with xp and win2000 I think the development stopped in 2006.

Comodo includes Firewal, HIPS, Sandbox, Cloud AV, Cloud Behaviour Blocker, and local AV if you install it.

If you want more control put the proactive profile in comodo or put d+ in paranoid mode.

Also you can try to add another layers of security, like Prevx SOL free, EMET, Sandboxie, Ghostery...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2011
  3. Fox Mulder

2006? Damn, it was so promising. I guess that settles that one. :p

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

It,s dead now.

I agree it used to give more control but I find it practically useless. For such a granular control, one will use his all time just to configure the software, and there will be no time to do any work on his PC.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  5. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

CoreForce is, indeed, kaput. R.I.P.

Extrapolate CoreForce to 2011 Anno Domini and you get Online Solutions Security Suite (OSSS). OSSS is CoreForce on steroids! Not free. Complex. Good HIPS schtuff if you like HIPS schtuff. Very classical HIPS.

You can earn a free copy of OSSS by being an effective beta tester. Also, there are a couple of other ways to earn a freebie. Check HERE. BUT -- if you have to *earn* a free license, is it truly "free"?

6. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

It was an interesting program, although, as mentioned by aigle, it was a very long winded process to correctly set up.
    I did look at that a while ago, but it was really quite buggy at the time.
    As it now appears to be a full release, I have downloaded what I presume is a trial version which I will look at. I am curious as to its packet filtering ability.

I was also looking at the site for pricing, but could find nothing.

- Stem

7. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Comodo is a better product nowadays.

8. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Better than WHAT? Better than it used to be? I agree. Better than Notepad? Yes, I could agree with that, also. But barely. :ninja:

9. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Better than outdated Core Force obviously. Those 2 products are the focus of this thread, with Fox Mulder clearly asking for opinions of them.

10. Fox Mulder

Indeed, certainly Core Force is out of the question because it's no longer updated. Plus, my machine is Windows 7, so it wouldn't work on it anyways. :p

I am interested, though, as to why bellgamin does not like Comodo.

11. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

Core Force was good but Comodo is good [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.