XP home security 2001

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by hlp, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hlp

hlp Registered Member

Wy cant Eset detect this virus?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

A lot of new malware viariants emerge on a daily basis. Maybe you accidentally run into one that is going to be added in the next update. Make sure you have the latest version 6016 installed and all modules are enabled. Should the file be unrecognized though, please submit it as per the instructions here.

3. The PIT

The PIT Registered Member

Don't worry most others let this sort of rubbish straight on without a blink until it's too late.

Mcafee, Nortons, AVG, Kaspersky all let it on then realise they are infected but then can't do anything about it.

I wondered how Eset would handle the start of the infection and it looks like it doesn't.

4. Marcos

Are you positive it's not detected with VSD 6017?

5. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

What would the query string be ?

Thanks.

6. Marcos

Without getting a concrete sample, it's impossible to tell; it could be any of those Kryptics or adware.

7. siljaline

Noted, Marcos - thank you.

8. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

there are just *so many* of those Kryptics variants... I have yet to run across a 4.2 that got infected ( I know - as yet) - but I am finding customers with 4.0 every day with infections... it is horrible!

9. siljaline

I would think that the new build compared to older builds is a testament to better detection and removal, avoiding the obvious, would be to get your clients with older builds updgraded ASAP.
    All of mine are running the current build

10. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

After I read your answer, I believe what you meant to say is for people to stay away from ESET until the next update. It is quite typical of anti-virus companies chasing malware, quite...:thumbd:.

Thanks.

P.S.: Of course the most beautiful (:D) excuse is that anti-virus cannot catch everything. Good luck with that. :blink:.

11. Marcos

Judging from the tone of your post, you've found a way to be 100% protected against every past, current and future malware in the world at any time. Correct me if I'm wrong.

12. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

Here is the tone of my previous and current posts: "Eset is relying on blacklist tech to deal with current threats" i.e. "wait until the next update and Est will deal with your malware for you". Consequently, Eset is working its programmers to death in order to ditch out signatures as fast as malware come out of the oven; in order words, Eset is managing an assembly line.

In that respect, the malware war that Eset is currently engaged in is futile. The war is already lost, long live Eset :'(.

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  13. Marcos

Which of the security solutions detects 100% of current and future threats proactively without needing to update? o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.