Opera, Portable Edition

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by JRViejo, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

2. Warlockz

Warlockz Registered Member

This is awesome news, I have been waiting for this for a long time, I didn't like the other Opera Portables that have been around on the net, finally one for Portable apps. although you can add any portable app to portable apps platform by just copying any portable app to its own folder inside the PortableApps Folder, then you have the option to hide anything you don't want to show on the platform/Menu. "Tor Browser Bundle is the only portable app I could not run from the platform" all others have worked perfectly fine.

Also don't be afraid to use the PortableApps.com Platform 2.0 Beta 5, it works perfect, I haven't had a single problem with it, you can update all your apps with the built in updater and change the theme to suite your color of choice,.

The final 2.0 release is packed with lots of other features not included in the Beta 5 version, I hope they release it soon :thumb:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I am using OperaUSB and it has been great. What is advantage of this one over opera USB.

I don,t like the splash screen of portable appliances I get on launch of every application. Is it still there?

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

aigle, according to John T. Haller's post:
    Whether or not this Portable Edition has an advantage, depends on its usage.

No splash screen with Opera 10.62. Because I only use stable versions, don't know if there's a splash screen with 10.70.

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks. I wil try it sure.

7. anandee

anandee Registered Member

Nice to see!
    Opera is a nice little browser, very simple to use, and has a quite good integrated e-mail application.
    I used non-portableapps standalone versions of Opera before, now I'll try this one.

8. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

9. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.