Strange NOD32 alert

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by gaslad, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProTON

ProTON Registered Member

I get exactly that alert!

2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

* Bump *

3. siljaline

* BUMP *

4. siljaline

** Bump **

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The query has been passed to the developers but I doubt they'll know. I rather assume that some modules start a bit later which triggers the notification but quickly enough so that all modules are already started when you check the protection status.

6. siljaline

Thanks for acknowledging that the ESET Dev's are looking into this, as many have been wanting to know if ESET was investigating the issue, Marcos.

I do have pre-release checked, I check behaviour of one PCU release compared to the last, there does not seem to be any real difference.

The ghost systray flag does not occur when checking protection status.
    It could occur simply by hovering over the systray icon, it is that easy to evoke the flag. Most disconcerting.

Thanks for the reply and comments !

7. marti

marti Registered Member

I hope this issue can be resolved soon. It's starting to get very annoying! (thanks)

8. siljaline

Hi, marti, I'm sure ESET is doing whatever they can to expedite this nagging issue as I and other users I know are continuing to experience these ghost flags.

Thanks for your note :thumb:

9. siljaline

10. ProTON

ProTON Registered Member

That alert becomes really anoying. This is a showstopper for us upgrading 200 workstation from version 3 to 4. Is this really so hard to fix or ESET grown to the point were they cannot manage their code efficiently anymore?

11. hfm

hfm Registered Member

I am having this same problem since reinstalling windows (hard drive problen, bought a new drive). I think I was using 4.0 before.

Now what is happening is I am getting this message every bootup. It's saying at the root cause that I don't have the latest windows update software, but running a windows update, Microsoft says everything is completely up to date.

Shrug.

12. marti

marti Registered Member

I recently purchased a new 64-bit Win7 laptop -- no ghost alerts with the security suite. XP boxes (one with NOD32 and one with the sec suite) continue to get the ghost alerts.

Previous Win 7 32-bit laptop did have the ghost alert.

13. siljaline

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  14. ProTON

ProTON Registered Member

Enabling pre-release updates helped temporarely. Then ghost alert message appeared again after couple of days.

After that, I have disabled pre-release updates, ran the update. This downgraded program modules to previous versions and alert message disappeared.

I think what's could be going, is that sometimes after a while NOD32 modules unload themselves from memory, hence the alert message.

15. marti

marti Registered Member

New laptop started getting the ghost alert the other day. :mad:

16. siljaline

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  17. siljaline

Another Ghost Flag as indicated in my previous post upon update. :ouch:

18. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

Don't waste your energy. It's obvious this issue isn't a high priority for ESET.

19. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

In all honesty, I can't understand why it would be a high priority issue. It's just a transitional GUI issue isn't it? It's not causing BSOD or server lockups etc.

I've seen it happen too, but I've never thought anything of it, as it's just a trivial GUI thing surely?
    I'm not trying to start an argument, I just can't see why it's being viewed as a serious problem.

Jim

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  20. siljaline

Some would say different - if a UI issue or other bug, there are users out there, me included, find this bug somewhat confusing and and disconcerting. :ouch:

I have noted numerous component updates over the last few days - this, to me, would indicate ESET is try to fix the bug, and presumably others, most noteably the BSOD issues.

The end result prompted this thread and folow-up posts to the thread resulting in the thread bumps. This topic did not get to 45 replies for a minor issue, let us not downplay what some may consider an issue.

We'll leave it to ESET to determine if this issue requires higher priority or not.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  21. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

I have not seen this issue on my PCs. I have left the settings in EAV to default. I can see how it is an annoying problem, as one does not know if it is just a harmless bug in the GUI, or if there actually is a problem. Either way it would still be irritating though.

I'm wondering siljaline: have you received any BSODs which pointed to eamonm.sys as the cause after restarting your computer to finish installing windows updates with EAV 4.2 enabled?

If so, did you ever try out the unreleased 4.2.62.0, which you requested for evaluation purposes, and did that fix the problem?

Regards,

Mark

22. siljaline

Annoying enough for several users to state several times it was occuring on different operating systems in different environments.
    On older builds under Windows XP, I had seen this issue, it has gone away, in my case.
    I am not privy to that information, it was mentioned, I did request it, though it was not forthcoming. If it is a pre-release I would not be willing to run it since my computer is required for business and I cannot afford any downtime.

23. siljaline

24. rcdailey

rcdailey Registered Member

That's the one I saw when I clicked to update on the morning of the 5417, 5418, 5419 definition updates. I just assumed that it might be related to the two unexpected Eset termination messages I saw in the system log in the event viewer when I checked that. Otherwise, things seemed to be working.

25. siljaline

Thanks for the fedback but I'm quite sure the two are unrelated.

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.