Outlook Email Module

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by HealingStargate, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HealingStargate

HealingStargate Registered Member

I just installed Outlook Office 2010 and setup Outlook email program. I find that the ESET Module does NOT appear as it did in Outlook EX.

I have gone into the advanced setup and checked 'Outlook' as my email program.

Any suggestions as to what I may not be doing correctly would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    KOR-

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

There is nothing you need to do except wait until Eset makes it Office 2010 compatible (it isn't at the moment). Soon, we hope :)

3. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello HealingStargate,

ESET Smart Security and Outlook 2010 are not yet compatible. Due to changes in Outlook 2010 compared to previous versions of Outlook, developers have had to significantly update their products to be compatible with this new Outlook.

We will announce a compatible build of ESET Smart Security when it is ready.

Thank you,
    Richard

4. HealingStargate

OK, I did not realize.

I do have a question as to IF there is a scanning of emails by ESET or any of the documents in Microsoft Office 2010.

I did check 'Outlook' as a email program but perhaps it is a variable as to if it is scanned.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

KOR-

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

POP3 communication is checked regardless of the email client used. A plug-in for email clients enables antispam protection as well as scanning of outgoing email or email received via other than POP3 protocols.

6. HealingStargate

Thank you for your replies.

KOR-

7. EnGenie

EnGenie Registered Member

I use Outlook 2010 on Windows 7 x64 and ESS 4.2.40.0.

I am using IMAP protocol to connect to my ISP's email server. (Sky use a branded version of GMail).

Does this mean that my incoming emails are currently not scanned for viruses?

I'm not particularly bothered about SPAM protection because I hardly get any SPAM.

8. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET Smart Security v4.2.58 adds support for Microsoft Outlook 2010.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

9. REALSupport

REALSupport Registered Member

Interesting read, to bad its not true!

http://www.microsoft.com/hk/presspass/viewpress.aspx?yr=2010&mo=06&dy=21

"ESET NOD32 is one of the key security partners for Office 2010," said Marwan Chanawani, Director of ESET Asia. "We specifically design our products to provide hassle-free and quality protection against viruses, worms and other malicious programs, as well as hacker attacks, spam and spyware. With the launch of Office 2010, ESET NOD32 will provide a comprehensive security solution that will safeguard documents and files and provide customers with a safe and enjoyable computing experience."

10. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.