PrevX/SOL and Admuncher 4.9 beta

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by osip, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osip

osip Registered Member

Reporting that there is an incompatability between PrevX/SOL and Admuncher 4.9 beta. Best way to test is to turn off prevx monitoring, then Admuncher works again. This problem occurred after an upgrade to AM beta. Concerns IE and Opera in my case.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Thank you for the information - could you please send a scan log by clicking Tools - Save Scan Results and send it to report@prevxresearch.com? We should be able to take a closer look from there!

3. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

Same problem here. A quick fix would be appreciated.

4. osip

osip Registered Member

Done. Thanks.
    Putting Admuncher.exe in detection override doesn't help.

5. PrevxHelp

Could both of you try changing the SafeOnline protection to High from Maximum, and if that doesn't work, try lowering it to Medium?

Please let me know what you find!

6. osip

osip Registered Member

Well, will see.. I restored an image and is back with AM 4.81. Works w/o problems. Would prefer a confirmed fix before updating again.
    Thanks.

7. Scoobs72

Not sure I understand. On http sites the default is Low. On https sites it is maximum and admuncher works on neither. Also my primary browser is Sandboxie protected and admuncher still fails, so I don't see how this can be SOL related.

8. osip

osip Registered Member

If, as in my case, AM beta 4.9 works if prevx monitoring is disabled then the problem is in prevx. BTW I also use Sandboxie, no problems with AM 4.81.

9. Scoobs72

Yes, AM 4.9 beta works for me if Prevx monitoring is disabled. Likewise AM 4.81 works fine with monitoring enabled. I don't understand the issue with Prevx getting this fixed since the beta is freely available for download by their engineers. I guess it's down to priorities.

10. PrevxHelp

I'd strongly suspect it is related to SafeOnline - it may be worth disabling SafeOnline entirely and seeing if it still occurs. I've tried testing with AdMuncher beta 4.9 without any problems. If either of you are interested in having a remote support session, I'd definitely be keen to reproduce the problem with a test version enabled to get further information.

Thanks! :)

11. mrgigabyte

mrgigabyte Registered Member

i have the same thing happen with me but i did notice that admuncher is blocking but not everything but when i disable safeonline admuncher then blocks everything i tested this out by going to cnn no blocks with safeonline on then with it off admuncher block everything

12. Scoobs72

Turning SOL off does indeed make the AM beta version work. That'll teach me for arguing with Joe. :blink:

13. osip

osip Registered Member

So, what are the perspectives for SOL and AM 4.9 used together. High or low priority fix ?

14. PrevxHelp

We try to be as compatible as possible but it is hard to be compatible with every beta version of every browser plugin. We haven't had any user accept our offer of remote support but if anyone is available to do so, we would be very interested in reproducing the problems on their PC to correct the issues.

Thank you!

15. Scoobs72

Remote support should only really be necessary where a problem is unidentified and requires some detailed investigation. In this instance you can just download the beta yourself and fix the problem at your leisure. I can pm a link for the beta if necessary.

16. PrevxHelp

I've tried here and our internal testing team has tried on numerous PCs and we have not been able to reproduce any problems with the 4.9 beta across XP SP3, Vista, or Win7 (all 32bit)

17. SvS

SvS Security Expert

Well, all AM 4.9 is doing for me with PrevX enabled is logging errors like:
    Error when loading winsock library from hook DLL in the following process: ielowutil. It starts to filter ads when PrevX is disabled and stops doing its magic as soon PrevX protection is enabled. I'm available for remote support btw, just send an PM.

18. Saladien

Saladien Registered Member

you can make a remote session with me.
    i have the beta and the same issue.
    Please tell me what is to do

MfG

Saladien

19. osip

osip Registered Member

Very interesting, om my XP I found this to work:
    After opening of Opera disable Prevx monitoring.
    Restart Opera.
    Admuncher starts to work.
    Enable Prevx monitoring, Admuncher continues to work.

Will test it on win7 later on.

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  20. PrevxHelp

We've been playing a bit of "remote support tag" with some of the members here, but if you're available now, please send me a PM and I should be able to get a remote support session started to fully fix the issue :) While the above may partially work, it isn't an ideal scenario although it does shed some light as to where the issue lies.

21. SvS

SvS Security Expert

Appears to be a pretty reliable way to make AM 4.9 work, however this scenario makes me wonder what else may "start to work" after disabling/enabling SafeOnline.

22. osip

osip Registered Member

Excellent ! Confirming that 3.5.159 fixed the issue on win7.
    @PrevxHelp: Noticed your repeatedly proposition for remote assistance, been to busy for a gettin' in.
    Thanks for your great support.

23. egghead

egghead Registered Member

Admuncher 4.9 is out of beta and released for all users.

I have the same problem as described above: AM 4.9 does not work with safeonline activated. When I disable SOL, Admuncher works.

24. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I am really sorry to hear about your troubles. I also use the latest AM official release (4.9) but without any conflict with PSO. I dare to call myself a tester of AM because I have had all AM betas installed (I had a chance to even test a few builds which weren't deployed to public) and have experienced no problems between AM and PSO.
    Can you please try to lower PSO configuration level for HTTP to High? I guess a scan log would be also helpful to Prevx engineers. So can you please click Tools - Save Scan Results and send it together with a link to this thread to report@prevxresearch.com to take a look at.

25. Sir Percy

Sir Percy Registered Member

I have no issues either, Egghead, i have SOL on max and the heuristics on high, med, med. Using Chrome/IE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.