ESET Remote Administrator 4 - Released

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Rmuffler, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

ESET Remote Administrator 4.0.122.0 has been released in English The software is available for download in the Remote Administrator section under the Business tab in the ESET Download Center. This new version includes a number of improved features and functionality.

Key new features include:

* Enhanced Active Directory synchronization
    * Improved remote (push) installation
    * More intuitive group management
    * Cross-platform management
    * Firewall rules merge wizard improves merging of firewall rules
    * Support for Windows Clusters

For a complete list of new features and improvements in ESET Remote Administrator 4, click here.

For the ESET Remote Administrator 4 Manual and User Guide, click here.

For more information or to download the product, visit the ESET Download Center.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  2. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Apologies for posting what is probably a lame question, but can this be installed over the top of 3.1.11, or must that be removed first?

Many thanks,

Jim

3. elmolincoln

elmolincoln Registered Member

I upgraded successfully. It retained all of my settings and logs, ~250 clients. :D

4. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

My SBS 2003 R2 upgrade was fine, no issues.

On SBS 2008 the upgrade fell over half way through, saying it couldn't create the backup of the configuration database. The solution was to "run as administrator", except as it's a .msi you don't get that option on Explorer's context menu. So I had to right-click on Start/Programs/Accessories/Command prompt and "run as administrator", then run the .msi from within the command prompt window. It then upgraded okay.

Jim

PS Ability to remote-install clients in parallel is a HUGE improvement, and VERY welcome. Thank you!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  5. Geosoft

Geosoft Registered Member

I'm finding a small bug in the console where there are odd times where you go into the "Clients" tab and let it sit there, most of the clients disappear until the next refresh occurs.

Not a big issue, just a minor annoyance. Overall, I'm very happy on how the upgrade went. The only problem was that the services couldn't start up automatically during the install because I had to re-enter the login password for the service to start up. (Very useful to have for push deployments.)

6. Megachip

Megachip Registered Member

FAILED :'(

Now 3.1.15 is uninstalled but 4.0.122 isn't installed

7. kiko7

kiko7 Registered Member

You maybe have choosen Ignore option after setup detected that RA tables already existed. But this is only may hypothesis. Could you attach the whole setup log?

Kiko

8. briwlls

briwlls Registered Member

We have ERAS installed on our antivirus server at our main office, and also having ERAS installed on multiple site servers.

What's upgrade procedure?

Install 4.0 over the top at the main office and all site servers?

Then proceed with an over the top installation of ERAC on all systems running the console?

Thank you in advance,
    Brian

9. Megachip

Megachip Registered Member

Afaik there was no option... i'll try to test today again in virtual mashines... possible a "create table if not exist" (seems setup even try to create tables, even if they exist)

10. hanson2020

hanson2020 Registered Member

have some problem whith RAS 4,
    the quarantine panel is empty, But at clients quarantine is
    (sorry for my english,Greetings from Russia)

11. hanson2020

hanson2020 Registered Member

After installation of the version of the client 4.2 quarantines began to come on a server

12. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

I have this bug on all 3 installs of the Console I've done. Windows 7, 2008 and XP. If you manually hit the refresh button a couple times, they usually come back.

13. crutter

crutter Registered Member

I've just upgraded to RAS 4 but since then I've not been able to do push installed. The diagnostics test says it's passed but the actually push install simulation fails at:

Registering ESET Installer as a Service:Result Code: 1726 (The remote procedure call failed.)
    Diagnostics conclusion:Result Code: 1603 (Fatal error during installation.)

Edit: I'm running it on Server 2003

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  14. Fransb

Fransb Registered Member

Push Also does not work here with ERA 4, OR ATLEAST not on a Server 2008

My workaround is to push with a 2003 machine.

15. ludvikkh

ludvikkh Registered Member

Re: FAILED :'(

Upgrade RAS from version 3.1.x to 4.0.122 failed.

It's problem with MySQL on Linux. Because on linux MySQL is case-sensitive (but on windows is not).

Upgrade script executing command "drop TABLE TASK", but table name is "Task". Then the script will crash when creating the same table.

Today I reported it to Eset support.

16. Fransb

Fransb Registered Member

When is there a new version coming with less bugs. its kinda annoying to have 2 servers, 1 to push and 1 to monitor everything...

+ i cant use the upgrade button now because the accounts arent in the list of the push server.

its like 3-4 months ago when they released this. I want to push with a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine :S not with a old 2003 that needs to leave.

Please release a new version soon. with less bugs and fixes (first less make this work and then release new features).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.