Major Issues With Ad-Aware 8.2 new Build Nukes ESS.

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by Temp Member, Feb 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Temp Member

Temp Member Registered Member

Read this please :
    http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=28598

Infact pretty much all the new 8.2 posts are bad.

I have had a nightmare of a time trying to get ESS to repair now.

I then tried to remove and reinstall but got permission errors even though I am the full admin running the admin account.

I had to boot to safe mode and delete all ESET folders.

Now I am installed again but importing my XML overwrites the beta key and I am now expired.

Can you tell me the user/pass for the beta so I can carry on with trial.

I am overdue to renew my subscription but TBH before this latest stable beta I was not going to after all previous issues.

Thanks and I would assume someone at ESS need to talk very seriously to the staff at Lavasoft.

EDIT :

NVM, its fine.

I just removed/reinstalled with built in Beta key and redid all my rules which is a PIA because of my torrent client.

I think my Windows permissions are messed up now due to Lavasoft's disaster.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2010
  2. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Link corrected.

4. Temp Member

They links are a TOTAL waste of time !

It was today's build that caused me this grief.

I had disabled Ad-Aware days ago due to issues.

DO NOT install that POS, they make each new build more buggy and more bloated.

The links above are only going to make peeps think its safe and it is not.

Do you not think I already knew these fixes were out and that why I messed up my PC due to them today ?

Please remove this information from my thread so as not to mess up others PC's

I have been told by a staff member via PM that they have issues (yes inc today's fix build) with ESET and other AV's.

If Ad-Aware is become more AV than Spyware orientated I will simply have to stop using it (paid customer).

5. Temp Member

My LINK does work, its to my thread over at Lavasoft.

ESET was unfixable, I had to totally remove/clean up and reinstall it.

6. siljaline

They we posted to assist you as a courtesy.
    Your link originally did not work until it was fixed it is now viewable.
    Is it now functioning correctly ? How may we further assist you ?

7. Temp Member

1) The links will only mess up others PC's if they think its fixed, my advise is to stay clear of Ad-Aware if you use ESS (not sure on Nod32).

2) I was unaware the link did not work as it did for me (probably my cookies).

3) No assistance needed I have fixed it myself but do appreciated the offer but I ain't a novice.

I ideally did not want to have to redo all my settings but I could not save the .XML due to a totally blank ESS console with no options because the HTTP sever would not enable.

My advise is to get onto Lavasoft and kick them in the nut's if they are going to mess up ESS, I bet other AV vendors will.

Remember I have been here before, it was only a few builds ago ESS 4 was a joke (thrown out early for Vegas) and most issues were blamed on the end user (standard practice with 99% of any companies) but now all are fixed by this Beta build.

So what I am saying is for the 1st time in a very long while I am happy with ESS but since Ad-Aware 6 SE Lavasoft have made it worst and worst every bloated/buggy build.

Infact 7 was unusable for many many months and then was not able to run in Vista so that was 1 year of paid use wasted.

8. siljaline

We are happy to hear that you have been able to accomplish the repairs yourself.
    This needs addressing, I am not an ESS expert, someone else would have to assist you with this.
    It has been noted as it likely has in many other places of the issues with the latest Ad-aware build, we regret to hear this and hope the problem is fixed shortly.

9. Temp Member

~Snip~

Look I posted this here because the ADMIN asked me to after i sent him a PM asking about the beta User: Pass.

He said to do so to help others who may end up with same issue, I really did not ask for help and do not need it.

What is there to address, the issue is past tense, I reinstalled ESS !

Why do I feel we are on different pages here ?

I know this is reading not a real conversation but I pick up funny vibes from your posts.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2010
  10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Case closed on this topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.