NOD32 v4 and Outlook 2010 beta?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bodean, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodean

bodean Registered Member

Compatible? Anyone running them? If so, is there any setup options in Outlook for NOD 32?

2. cocolucho

cocolucho Registered Member

Yesterday Office 2010 Beta Available for Download via MSDN and TechNet, 20,101 is compatible with Outlook?

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I do not believe compatibility has not been tested. If Microsoft has made changes to the virus scanning API for Outlook, you may have to wait until after it has been documented and ESET's developers have had a chance to read through it to add support.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

I am running outlook 2010 and I am not seeing any tags been applied to emails, so it looks like they not compatible which is a real shame. I hope eset are on the ball with an update.

--edit-- seems it does work but the problem is nod32 on windows 7, making a new post on it.

--edit again-- Ok the summary is at least for me the scanning only works in non encrypted mode, I think this is a nod32 problem as nod32 wont even save the POP3S setting properly, seems to be an issue with windows 7 installation as it worked in XP, as far as outlook 2010 goes normal pop scanning works but there is no integration inside the app as I remember in outlook 2003 on the menus eset had options and was on the toolbar. This is not the cause in version 2010. Will post more tommorow as then trying the new version of nod32.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  5. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

the pop3s setting was due to me importing my XP config onto windows 7 nod32, the setting was set to monitor the app (option removed in windows 7) which caused the setting to not be settable to anything in windows 7 of nod32.

The fix was to click the default button and then default only for pops this then allows the setting to be configured again. I will report back later if encrypted email scanning does actually work again.

6. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

Seems to scan encrypted files confirmed, outlook 2010 however just hung on me, this may or may not be related to nod32 but just a warning it does not seem completely stable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.