Prevx RC 3.0.4.200

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by PrevxHelp, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you let me know if you're using Sandboxie or any other browser-specific protection software?

2. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Build 7600

3. PrevxHelp

We're retesting Sandboxie compatibility now - there may still be issues with it but we will report back shortly with results.

4. markusg

markusg Registered Member

Hello, i can now use Prevx and my screenreader Jaws. at this moment, i have no Problems. Good work!

5. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

No Sandboxie here - OA with runsafer along with Prevx. I shutdown Safeonline last night and then shutdown my computer to go to bed. This morning I fired it up and enabled Safeonline and :eek:shazzam:eek: everything works fine. It must of taken a full restart to fully enable...:thumb: :cool:

6. PrevxHelp

Great :) It would still be worth double checking everything anyway - could you let me know what OS you use?

7. PrevxHelp

Great :) Just to clarify, are you setting browser protection to "high" instead of "maximum"? (just being the devil's advocate here to ensure it is fixed :))

8. markusg

all settings have level Maximum.

9. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Running Windows home edition with XP SP3 and all the latest patches & bandages...:) :shifty:

10. Dark Star 72

Dark Star 72 Registered Member

Have now installed Bld 200 alongside Online Armor it and appears to be running OK without any problems.
    Although I haven't got the green border round the browsers (FF & IE7) it does now appear around the other programs set to run safer, ie: WMP, Foxit etc.
    Most important though is that all programs set to Run Safer in OA are now shown in Process Explorer as running non-admin (as they should be) irrespective of the the green border. With Bld 195 they were showing as running with Administrator privileges.

One question to ask :) When running OA alone without Prevx Secure Browser I get prompts to allow or deny ActiveX content, with Sandboxie as well there are no prompts as the ActiveX is contained in the sandbox. Running the Secure Browser with OA and no Sandboxie - no ActiveX prompts. So, is the Secure Browser containing the ActiveX in the same way that Sandboxie does. What level of sandboxing does Prevx Secure Browser apply if any?

11. dlimanov

dlimanov Registered Member

Webex issues anyone? With SafeOnline, Webex meetings don't seem to load. Once it's off, Webex loads like a champ.

12. markusg

hello, now i have a new problem, my screenreader did not work sometimes. i have this problem two times. at the last i see, it was after automatic scan. don't work means, it speaks anymore :)
    i will look for the next time if also a automatic scan is ending. i hope you understand what i mean...

13. sded

sded Registered Member

Upgraded second (Vista Home Premium) computer to .200. SafeOnline still works on FF, Chrome, IE8 but not Opera (same build 1750 as primary computer); same as .195.

14. Nunes

Nunes Registered Member

Hello

I've an issue that came into sight after the previous version (3.0.4.195) came out:

When I switch between accounts in Windows XP SP3 the autorun command

Path="C:\Program Files\Prevx\prevx.exe" /bootupreg
    Category=\All\Registry\All users\Run

is erased and Prevx "complaints" that protection is disabled and I should reboot.

I don't know if this has to do with any third party software in my system.

Anyone saw this before?

15. Davey126

Davey126 Registered Member

The Prevx SafeOnline status dialog (for lack of a better name) overlays the 'sign out' screen link when Gmail and other Google pages are displayed from an application shortcut in Chrome 3.0.195. This makes it difficult to read or use the underlying link.

Here's a quick blurb on creating application shortcuts in Chrome:
    http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95710

To recreate the problem navigate to a Google search page in Chrome and follow the above procedure to create an application shortcut. Then launch the shortcut and observe the results. hum ... :cautious:

16. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

+1 here (as always)...and can confirm that the MailWasher Pro issue is fixed.

Good job!

Balders :thumb:

PS: Had just noticed yesterday a similar problem in MS Money and was going to report it but checking today it looks like the MWPro fix has also resolved the issue in MS Money...must have been the same issue common to a number of apps that use IE browser-based technology in the same way.

17. fasteddy2020

fasteddy2020 Registered Member

I sent the scan log as you requested. I am using Sandboxie.

18. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

I installed Defensewall along with Prevx 200 beta. Except for the banner thing, which is no biggie at all, everything is working great together.

19. guest

guest Guest

Prevx RC 3.0.4.202

Hi Joe, I am using the version you installed during our session today. - Now I had some times already the following error which comes sporadic after normal scan and the green screen 'system status protected' or after folder scan and I thought I should let you know: :D

If you need to have a closer look .. just let me know. ;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  20. PrevxHelp

Out of curiosity, could you try turning browser protection down to "High" to see if that brings the border back?

Prevx SafeOnline doesn't have sandboxing to the OS (essentially it sandboxes the browser from the OS, and each individual ActiveX control from the user's data within the browser), but, to clarify - are the ActiveX warnings usually coming from OA or are you referring to the normal IE ActiveX prompts?

21. PrevxHelp

Is WebEx already installed or are you installing it from the browser directly? I'm not trying to sound like a broken record, but could you send me another scan log now that WebEx has loaded? :) I may be able to find the source of the incompatibility with the scan log (if not, I'll try installing WebEx here to see if anything breaks).

22. PrevxHelp

I'll add Jaws to the list of incompatible programs for now and perform more testing and report back as soon as we have an answer :)

In the meantime, could you try changing the Prevx configuration within SafeOnline to set it to "High" instead of "Maximum" and see if this clears up the incompatibility?

23. PrevxHelp

I suspect this is an incompatibility between OA/Prevx/Opera - we'll be doing some more testing tomorrow on this to hopefully solve it :) Currently we're planning on having the next build within the 2-3 with a handful of additional solved incompatibilities (pending additional confirmation of bugs/testing).

24. PrevxHelp

The autorun command is generally only added when something isn't working properly - could you double check that Prevx has been installed with administrative privileges first?

Also, what OS are you using/what type of user account are you switching from/to?

Thank you for the details! :)

25. PrevxHelp

Thank you for the details - I've reproduced the issue and will have it fixed in the next build :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.