have you preordered windows 7?

Discussion in 'polls' started by lodore, Jul 15, 2009.

?

Have you preordered windows 7?

1. Yes

22 vote(s)
    20.8%
  2. No

84 vote(s)
    79.2%
  1. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

I wanted to, but unfortunatelly, I can not. I have browsed all eshops from USA to Britain with no luck. :'(

2. Creer

Creer Registered Member

Did you try on Amazon.co.uk, there is another promo on Windows 7 :thumb: :thumb:

3. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Thanks for the tip, but 75€ is too much, You can get a download preorder from MS for 83€. Before it was from 35€ to 50€. Too bad ... for MS. :rolleyes:

4. Creer

Creer Registered Member

On amazon the price for HP Box (not OEM) is: £64.99 (-57% discount) (without shiping costs)
    I think it won't be cheaper this is probably the last chance to get OS with so huge discount.

EDIT:
    I have read that this promo-prices will be to the end of this month (August), then prices will be higher :(

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

So do u think this price( £64.99) will be the cheepest? I want to buy it but not sure if I should use this offer or just wait.

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

technically it should be a retail license which later on will be £300 so i say get it now if you want it.

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hmm.. may be not £300 as MS official site has it in around $ 200.

8. Creer

Creer Registered Member

On Amazon UK you have info:
    RRP: £149.99
    Price: £64.98
    You Save: £85.01 (57%)

9. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

I pre ordered Home Premium version today from Amazon.co.uk. The price seems to be the cheapest in UK at the moment and is probably going to be the last chance *before launch* to get it at reduced cost. It does say on the site, but not in these exact words :p if pre order sales of Win 7 are slow, Amazon will reduce the price ... but I can't see that happening. £64.98 inc VAT & standard delivery it cost moi.

Having spent a while deciding which version to get, I can't really see me needing Professional or Ultimate versions - the only feature I have had to think hard about is the XP compatability mode that I won't have by default with Home Premium. I now use 3rd party tools for encryption and backup. So paying near enough £100 extra for the microsoft offerings in Professional and Ultimate ... just isn't worth bothering with.

10. ArsenalFX

ArsenalFX Registered Member

Currently happy with XP, but once 7 has been in the wild for some time I will probably skip to it with a new hardward build as well.

11. aigle

aigle Registered Member

OK, I think this is full version, not the OEM. Am I true? So I can transfer it on more than just one PC.

I will most probably use it in VM. I guess that MS EULA allows only pro and ultimate versions of Vista to be installed in VM. Any one knows what is the deal about Win 7 in this case?

Thanks

12. Creer

Creer Registered Member

+1 I totally agree, I also ordered few days ago 7HP there :thumb: :thumb:

13. Creer

Creer Registered Member

Hi Aigle,

Yes there is BOX version of Windows 7, not OEM. So you can transfer your 7 on more than one PC.

About VM - you are wrong here. Only Starter edition and Home Basic don't allow you to install 7 on VM.
    Home Premium, Professional and Ultimate allows you to install on VM, just take a look here:
    http://www.winsupersite.com/win7/win7_skus_compare.asp (first table)

14. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I just noticed the poll again and I think I should re-cast my vote ...

I changed my mind and last week I pre-ordered Win7 . Got an order form , filled everything that was needed on the Microsoft site and I am supposed to have Win7 on Noverber 05th 2009 delivered by a courier (mail man) :thumb: We'll see .

15. lodore

lodore Registered Member

what version did you get?

16. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks for info but as far as i remember Vista Home Premium was never allowed to be virtualized. Just suspect if they have same with Win 7 Home Premium?

17. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Home Premium

18. Creer

Creer Registered Member

Yes you are right EULA in Vista HP not allowed to run them on VM.
    About Windows 7 I have found this:
    http://www.windows7update.com/Windows7FAQ.html
    here also is information that W7 HP can be running on VM, what is the MS official statement I don't know o_O

19. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks. I think it,s hard to know until they officially release Win 7. They might change such things any time before release,.

20. Creer

Creer Registered Member

Probably you are right, well... time will tell.

21. tipstir

tipstir Registered Member

Windows 7 will have it's day but right now I have to stay with the clients who still use Windows XP Pro SP3 with Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition SP2. After the hop la then I guess everyone who uses Windows XP Pro will take the dive in with Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition..

22. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

I actually caved in and pre-ordered Windows 7. After testing it a lot in VM's I'd like to test it on a home PC.

23. 1boss1

1boss1 Registered Member

No pre-order, it will be on the next machine i buy. Even then there's a high possibility i will just delete Win7 and copy my hard drive over, XP is running far to good.

24. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

After a few months of trial and pondering, I decided there just isn't enough in 7 to lure me into buying. Vista x64 is fine here. I just don't see much reason to switch at those prices.

25. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Just two Qs.

1- I am in Saudi Arabia. Can I order from amazon.uk via credit card to get the key via e-mail?

2- Anyone knows bout XP mode in Pro version. I am thinking of going for Pro due to this. I think it will come as installed in MS Virtual PC inside Win7. Can it be used for malwaree testing etc just like VMware?

Too bad they did not include it in beta or even RC builds. No way for me to test it before I order. :mad:

Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.