acronis one-click protection

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by crowley, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crowley

crowley Registered Member

Hello
    I have been looking through the acronis true image home 2009 user guide, for when i do finally purchase it.

This is a quote from page 22

2. BobWC

BobWC Registered Member

It simply means that an offsite location for a backup is the safest. ie fire, theft can mean an onsite backup will be destroyed. So, if you have an external drive, removing it to your work location, parents, friend, etc. will provide you with the safest location in case you onsite backkup is compromised.

I keep an external backup drive in my garage and use it weekly to update my entire computer system. :)

3. crowley

crowley Registered Member

thats all it was , thankyou BobWC thats cleared that one up for me

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello crowley,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

Note that if you schedule a backup task on external drive and then for some reason you decide to edit the task when external drive is detached then the destination place for the backup will be changed to default location, by default C:\Documents and Settings\User Account\My Documents\

In this case don’t forget to change backup location to external drive each time you edit the task.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.