Some of the objects in Sooflymami's add/remove are not there

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cheater87, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

She does not have Firefox, Avast or Yahoo Messenger appearing even though they are installed. What could be causing this and would reinstalling over these programs bring them back to the add/remove listo_O

2. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

The programs used to be there under add/remove programs before i got my computer recovery (since i had a virus that messed up my computer). After computer recovery, some of the programs aren't in add/remove programs even though the programs are already installed.

3. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Didn't you reinstall 'critical' system files from Avast?

These older files might be a reason. I searched on google, and some people mentioned the same thing, but couldn't find a fix.

Do they show up if you use revo uninstaller?
    http://www.revouninstaller.com/

If I were you, and restored system files recently, and the above program works, as long as everything else is working, I wouldn't worry about it.

4. sooflymami

Okay. I will try installing that program. Programs like Limewire and Ad-Aware 2007(Which I've already uninstalled it before in the past is still there) are still installed since it says that on my desktop. Do you think revouninstaller would help uninstall those programs as well and should be there unlike Add/Remove Programs section?

5. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

If you have ccleaner, open it and click Tools and then Uninstall. Do you see all your programs there?

P.S. If you do, don't click Rename Entry and Delete Entry on the right side. If you want to uninstall something, use the Run Uninstaller.

6. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

We will get either CCleaner or Revo soon.

7. sooflymami

No, I don't have CCleaner. Which program would you recommend and would it be easier to use in order to uninstall these programs thats not listed in Add/Remove? I'm not really good with computers and I don't want to delete any important stuff or that will mess up my computer.

8. innerpeace

CCleaner is the easier of the 2 and you should have it anyways to clean up junk files. Revouninstaller is made specifically for uninstalling. I would try ccleaner and keep it regardless and if you don't see the entries then try Revo.

Get the slim version of ccleaner. It's the bottom one and doesn't come with the toolbar. http://www.ccleaner.com/download/builds

9. sooflymami

After I install the program, am I supposed to uncheck/check any boxes for options or is there something I should do after I install?

10. innerpeace

If you do use ccleaner, don't bother with the Registy section unless you know what your doing. It should be safe to use the cleaner everyday and should help eliminate junk files and possibly speed up your machine.

Edit: Follow the instructions in post #2 and let us know if you see the missing entries.

11. sooflymami

Is CCleaner better than going to internet options and deleting cache just like SuperAntiSpyware deleting tracking cookies from there? As long as if I don't do anything with Registry section, CCleaner wouldn't affect my computer or my internet browser or anything else even if I clean? It shouldn't delete files that I want?

12. innerpeace

It's not better but it's easier and can clean more areas. It shows you all the options and you can tick or untick areas you want to keep or delete. Areas like Firefox's and IE's history, cookies, cache, etc. First you can Analyze and then if your ok with what it says you can Run Cleaner to delete those files.

The cleaner doesn't have anything to do with the Uninstall feature we were talking about earlier. For now let's worry about seeing if ccleaner can see the missing programs in your add/remove section. CCleaner won't delete or uninstall anything unless you choose to so it's safe to try and if it doesn't work or you don't like it, you can uninstall it.

13. sooflymami

I noticed when I go to start-all programs-lavasoft for example..it says uninstall ad-aware 2007. Uninstalling from start button-all programs and then uninstalling that way a good way?

14. innerpeace

That should work fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.