TI 2009 phantom scheduled task

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by neilsp, Oct 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neilsp

neilsp Registered Member

It appears that TI 2009, build 9615, is trying to run a non-existent scheduled task every evening, even though there are no items at all shown in the scheduled tasks panel. The event log, which was cleared two days ago, is shown here

http://www.pbase.com/neilsp/image/105150343/original.jpg

Does anybody have any idea what is wrong and how to fix it?

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Did you have another version of TI on the system previously?

Colin

3. neilsp

neilsp Registered Member

Yes. the version of True Image 10 distributed by Seagate was in. Also, I had uninstalled TI 2009 soon after I got it in an effort to stop a boot problem (which I think was not the fault of True Image). I suppose there could be something left over from one of those installs.

Neil

4. Phenny

Phenny Registered Member

under options/task options you can check 'view tasks from all users'
    maybe that helps

5. neilsp

neilsp Registered Member

I just tried changing that option, but there still are no scheduled tasks shown. The error appeared again this evening.

Neil

6. ipkins

ipkins Registered Member

To manage the scheduled tasks, click Tasks and Log on the sidebar and you will go to the Manage Tasks and Log screen with the Scheduled tasks tab selected by default in the right pane. The tab displays all scheduled tasks along with their Name, Status, Schedule, Last Run Time, Last Result, and Owner. To view the other task details, mouse over their names.
    By default you see only your own tasks, but you have an option to view or manage tasks of other users. To do so, select Tools -> Options -> Task options from the main program
    menu. Then choose Filter and unselect the Show only tasks created by a current user
    box.
    You can change the task parameters by editing. This is performed in the same way as
    creation, however, the earlier selected options will be set, so you only have to enter only the changes. To edit a task, select it and click Edit on the toolbar.
    To delete a task with confirmation, select it and click Delete on the toolbar.
    To rename a task, select it, click Rename on the toolbar and enter the new task name.
    You can also start execution of a scheduled task at any moment by clicking Start on the
    toolbar.
    In addition, all the above actions can be chosen from a shortcut menu that you open by
    right-clicking on a selected scheduled task.
    The same operations are available for unscheduled tasks listed on the Unscheduled tasks
    tab. If while editing an unscheduled task you set up any of the scheduling options, that task moves from the Unscheduled tasks tab to the Scheduled tasks tab.

7. neilsp

neilsp Registered Member

Thanks for helping; however, I don't think I have stated the problem clearly enough.

It appears that the scheduler has gotten into an inconsistent state. It tries to run a scheduled task every evening, which always fails (according to the log messages I posted in my original post) with the error - No such script "6A69155E-2F38-4DB5-B94B-AD7089DCB81A". As well, no tasks appear in the list of scheduled tasks, even when the options are set to show them all.

Most likely something was left over from a previous install that the uninstaller did not remove. What I am looking for is a way to clear or reset the scheduler's data stores.

Neil

8. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Ah, light perhaps dawns! :) With the previous version of TI did you either use the SZ or use the backup location with auto consolidation?

That script identifier looks very much the type of thing TI 11 or Echo version produce when it is set for backup locations.

If this is the case, scripts are in two places, which I'll have to check, one of them is in Local Settings IIRC.

Colin

9. neilsp

neilsp Registered Member

Yes to both, Colin. With TI 2009, before the uninstall/reinstall, I had Secure Zone enabled, but later removed it because I did not find it useful. I also would have had a scheduled task, with auto consolidate turned on (although it would never have actually done a consolidation), which would have been present when TI 2009 was uninstalled. A remnant of that scheduled task must have survived the uninstall/reinstall in the scheduler's data store.

Neil

10. Rory Fire

Rory Fire Registered Member

I have exactly the same problem, but none of the above means anything to me.

The message showing in my log is 3 lines as follows:

<event code="108" id="1" level="4" message="No such script &quot:D6A1C8E6-BE37-42B2-A066-A37F73CCD1C8&quot;" module="1" time="1225737303" />

<event code="100" id="2" level="3" message="Failed to process pair script:D6A1C8E6-BE37-42B2-A066-A37F73CCD1C8" module="1" time="1225737303" />

<event code="5" id="3" level="4" message="Operation has completed with errors." module="100" time="1225737303" />

I'm getting an alert email, which concerned me at first, but then another email confirms that the proper task completed.

11. Rory Fire

Any solution to this, please?

12. lesterf1020

lesterf1020 Registered Member

You could try this solution that support gave to someone else

Hello root66,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Please be aware that actually there is not need to perform the manual uninstallation of the program in order to get rid of these "phantom" scripts.

Please delete all currently scheduled tasks using the below procedure:

- Download and run schedmgr.exe (http://www.acronis.com/files/support/schedmgr.exe) application;

- Issue the following commands:

get list

task zap

- Close schedmgr.exe application.

Please run Acronis True Image 9.0 then and create new scheduled tasks as usual. It should solve the problem.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

13. Rory Fire

Many thanks! That worked perfectly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.