Vista SP1?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Biscuit, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Vista SP1 has now been released.

Does Nod32 v2.7 support SP1 please?

2. stratoc

stratoc Guest

all seems fine here.

3. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

do you have vista sp1?
    if you have tell us is nod32 v2.7 vista sp1 compatible?

4. stratoc

stratoc Guest

i have sp1 and nod 2.7, i have no problems, i also use look and stop and spyware blaster, system seem fine passed all the tests i have thrown at it.

5. stratoc

stratoc Guest

after the reboot (about 10 minutes) look and stop didnt start, i but nod was fine i use all but emon imon was working straight away. i had to reset my internet connection and re tick look and stop in ms config. rebooted again and all is fine, the start up is quicker and all is fine, ran various trojan sims and shields up and leak test etc, i have no problems with any of my apps and i use tweeked nvidia drivers which windows logged but left alone.
    frankly im very pleased and suprised, i was expecting a late night/ couple of days:)

6. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

No problems have been noted so far in testing with NOD32 v2.70.39 and Microsoft Windows Vista SP1.

One thing that was noticed during testing, though, was that some computers required device driver updates from the vendor in order to perform well. You may wish to update the device drivers for your hard disk drive (SATA/SCSI) controller, network card, motherboard chipset, mouse, sound card, video card and so forth. Also, if you have an OEM-branded computer from a company like Dell, Hewlett-Packard, Lenovo, Toshiba and so forth, check with them to see if they have any prerequisites for installing the service pack.

Another consideration is that programs which interface with the system at a low level such as backup, CD/DVD manufacturing, defragmentation, diagnostic and other security software may require updates. Be sure to check with the manufacturers of these to see what prerequisites they have for use with the service pack.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Sorry for the off-topic but ...

Windows Update still doesn't offer me SP1

sp1.png

There are no announcements about this on Microsoft's main page ...
    There is nothing that says "final release" , just this one :
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6d-5ebb-413b-89c9-cb3d06d12674&DisplayLang=en

released yesterday on 18th . Do you mean this is supposed to be the final release , not the RTM one :thumb:

8. Gren

Gren Registered Member

From memory, and this may have changed since I read it, SP1 will only auto update from the middle of April. It is available for those that want it now from Microsoft but you have to go to the site and download yourself.

9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Attached Files:

10. ShaneR34

ShaneR34 Registered Member

I've been running the RC for sometime. Just finished the update to final now.

For those who may not know, there are some outdated drivers that , if you have them, will prevent the update from appearing in Windows Update (I had this problem).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948343

11. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

Vista SP1 will not be offered to your PC if you have incompatible hardware or drivers; even if it already is running Vista pre-SP1. Sucks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.