ESET parameters for WINRAR

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by zoomster, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoomster

zoomster Registered Member

I use ESET. Can someone please recommend the right virus scanner parameters for WINRAR? Here is my screen:

eset_winrar.jpg

Thanks a lot

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

egui.exe is the user interface .

You don't need this option in WinRAR , because if real-time protection modules are enabled , they will take care of the archive

3. zoomster

zoomster Registered Member

Thanks HT_boy. Do you mean to say that I do not need to check the RAR files that I download? I used to do this with Nod32. I just felt more secure to do it this way. So, if real time file protection is on, which is, I do not need to check the rar files. Please, reconfirm. thanks

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , I confirm . That is why it is called real-time protection . It checks everything in real-time

5. dad35454554

dad35454554 Registered Member

please nevertheless tell me the parameters for smart eset scan in winrar , because meny times i download archive files and i store it in a cd/dvd, to send to my friends, or to install next time, sho the real time protection don't will help me...

6. GAN

GAN Registered Member

You can check out this thread and find some examples:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=190388

This is for internet download manager, but with winrar it's basically the same except you use the parameter "%f" instead of [File].

The "Virus scanner name" field should point to ecls.exe including the path (For example: C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ecls.exe).

And the paramters could be something like this:
    "%f" /ah /adware /unsafe /unwanted /heur+ /sfx+ /pack+ /arch+ /all /scroll+ /scanmem- /antistealth+ /prompt /break- /quit+

If you read the nod32/ess help and search for command line parameters you should find an explanation for all the available parameters and then decide what options you prefer.

But as HiTech Boy already said you really don't need it since the files will be scanned when you uncompress the archive. In that case it will be scanned twice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.