ESS 3.0 Final Released!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by poepoe2797, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poepoe2797

poepoe2797 Registered Member

I got a copy on the final version that's being released and it's pretty nice. A few more changes here and there. The version is 3.0.551.0. You will be able to buy/download it on November 5th according to their site.

Attached Files:

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

We know it has been released some days ago
    Interested to know where you downloaded it from - or someone gave you the private copy

3. Nunes

Nunes Registered Member

Any information about the upgrade policy for the NOD subscriptions, that want to migrate to the suite?

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You'll get a discount if you upgrade from NOD32 to ESS util 31 Dec 2007

5. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

That is good to know. Any clue on how we can get more info on this? Or do we have to wait until Nov 5th for more information?

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Unfortunately , Trooper , even though I know some things I am not the one who should announce these :)
    Everyone should contact ESET locally and ask them :thumb:

7. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Trooper, there might be subtle variations depending where in the world you are - please contact a reseller in your locality. I know the US resellers have upgrade information (we do anyway) - I can't speak to how the channel communications went in other parts of the world though.

8. webyourbusiness

upgrade to the suite is purchased on a per-workstation basis as I understand it. Please contact your local resellers for specifics.

9. rayoflight

rayoflight Registered Member

Thank you.
    I deleted my previous post because I found all information:standard license per 1 user/computer only.
    What I never understand why I should contact my local reseller and why I can't buy it online on the eset's global site:(

10. spyros12

spyros12 Registered Member

were can we find this relese now?

11. appster

appster Registered Member

Hmm, could this be why my ESS (Release Candidate) did not update its signatures today? :doubt:

12. sjgore

sjgore Registered Member

But our beta licenses expire on the 1st Nov? What do we do?

Steve.

13. Nunes

Nunes Registered Member

And if the reseller where I bought the NOD license is not yet up-to-date to what concerns this new policy? I have to wait, or with my license code I can make the upgrade anywhere?

14. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

The programs have not been officially released although the Eset websites are introducing the programs.

I expect it will be announced here when the downloads are available.

15. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Agree! If you already have a licensed ver of the AV, there should be something posted somewhere, according to time left on your existing license, what each individual's cost will be!

16. mvdu

mvdu Registered Member

$59.99 is actually pretty competitive for a suite these days. It's cheaper than NIS and much cheaper than KIS. If renewal discounts are offered, it would be an even better deal. Anyone hear about how much renewal discounts might be?

17. webyourbusiness

Here is how upgrades to Eset Smart Security will be priced:

to upgrade - what you purchase is a Smart Security RENEWAL - ie - this is obviously cheaper than a new purchase - if you purchase a 1 year Smart Security renewal,then 1 year is added to your license that you currently have - if you have one month, then you get 13 months total - if you have 6 months, you get 18 months.

If you purchase 2 year Smart Security Renewal for upgrade, you add 24 months to the expiration you currently have.

18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I would have no issues with those prices. Hopefully the first license covers 2 machines then it goes to 3 and up.

19. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

lol @ vista running with 512mb ram

20. PatG

PatG Registered Member

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007
  21. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Thanks to Hitech boy and webyourbusiness for the information. I have always just purchased my NOD32 stuff via www.eset.com I never understood the whole local reseller deal anyways.

Guess I will just wait until next week to see how it shakes out.

22. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

Im quite interested to know where you got that version... google only throws up warez torrents and the like... o_O

23. ASpace

ASpace Guest

The OP didn't answer my question and ESS is not released yet for the public , so it must be a private one from ESET. He/She has got it via special download and authorisation :)

24. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

Ahhh thats fair enough :)

Lucky bugger :p

Is it wrong for me to be excited for the release date? Sometimes I really think I need to get out more... :doubt:

But then I just log back into Wilders and forget that train of thought completely :D

I would have thought posting screenshots and stuff might be in breach of some sort of NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) or something.

25. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Multiple posts involving an unauthorized V3 download have been split offline.

Here's the deal folks - that type of posting here is simply not allowed here, nor should it be encouraged. Yes, it's probably fine, but that's not verifiable and if anything is amiss, it is the vendor's name that is sullied. Enough said - I hope.

Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.