TrueImag 11 German Systemrestore Bug.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DerPriester1970, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DerPriester1970

DerPriester1970 Registered Member

Hello Acronis.

I bought the full version of TI11 today.

With the new TI11 it is impossible to create a Systemrestore. The program doesn´t recoginize my Raid 0 Stripe in the restore enviroment (Linux/DOS Mode). Also the Recovery CD and the recovery manager are broken with this bug too. My Mainborad is the ASUS P5B-Deluxe.
    I wonder because the last version of TI10 runs very well with the SATA Raid 0 stripe. To make a recovery, I must take the TI10 Recovery CD. Only this works. Please fix this issue very fast. Or is it a beta version.

Greetings
    Wolfgang

2. DerPriester1970

Someone who can confirm this strange bug ?

I hope my issue is clear. If I perform a normal system restore the system reboots.. acronis loads.. and my C: drive is not shown, like the complete raid partitions. Only the IDE drives are shown.
    Where the system can restore anything without the right C: drive o_O?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I found that ATI 11 Boot CD does not recognize my Intel RAID 1 array. It can see SATA drives except for comprising the raid array, which is my system drive.

Versions 8, 9, and 10 had no problem seeing the RAID array. Wha' Happen'd to 11?!!

Maybe ATI changed the start-up parameters or maybe they changed the Linux driver assortment for the worse or maybe there's simply a programming bug in the loader. Who knows?

I have a couple other machines with diff RAID arrays and I'll test out on those machines as soon as I get a chance.

For the machine I've tried, the failure to see RAID is a fatal program fault (prevents the program from performing is basic function) and I will be reverting to ATI 10 on that machine and staying with ATI 10 on all my other machines except perhaps to do some testing of 11.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  4. DerPriester1970

Where is the support with a answer to this big bug problem o_Oo_Oo_O??

5. Bluecoat

Bluecoat Registered Member

Hello DerPriester1970,

one question from my side:

In ATI10 the rescue CD contains to 3 options to boot:
    "Full", "Safe" and "Boot into Windows".

In the trail version of ATI11, there is only "Full" and "Boot into Windows"

Does the full version of ATI11 also contains the "Safe" boot option?
    (I'm asking, because with ATI10 only the "safe" boot option works for me.)

Thanks!

6. shieber

Safe Mode is not included in ATI 11. You can try ATI 11 for free and see if it works in Full Mode or wait, at least, until the first update is released.

7. Bluecoat

Too bad! Without the safe mode I get the "famous" E000101F4 error.
    I've studied the ATI11 manual English language (English version is different from the German version) and found the following in chapter 11 (page 75)

I've not found the safe version on their website so far.
    The German language version of the manual tells you, that there is a safe version (page 89).
    A men from the Acronis sales team sent me an email today telling me, that there is a safe version is the "download version" of the Acronis online shop.

I've also tested all the startup parameters for booting Linux kernel mentioned in the English manual in Appendix D - without success...

8. DerPriester1970

Now the best comes at close.

I want to make a system restore with my TI 10 Rescue CD and what happened, can´t restore the backup builded with TI 11. Program said, that the image is broken. Sounds for me, that TI 11 produces damaged backups.

A little step and I drive crazy.

If the support don´t write something to this very heavy bugs, I will call in the USA. No joke.

9. shieber

Nope. That's not true what they told you. I have the download version from the Acronis online store and it does not include the safe version when you make the Boot CD. If there's some secret handshake, combination or, ritual to add safe mode, I haven't found it yet.

10. mentjjj

mentjjj Registered Member

For what it is worth, I too have attempted to use the ATI 11 boot CD on an Asus P5B-Deluxe running RAID 0 for the boot drive and it is not seen/found by the program. My other SATA drives are seen. I too had no problems with ATI 9.

11. shieber

Diff RAIDs have been reported as invisbile to ATI 11. No visible RAIDs ahve been reported afasik.

Something seriously goofy is going on with the offical release of ATI 11.8027. All the way back to version 7 or 8 ATI could see my RAIDs -- Its ability to do that was the reason I switched over to ATI from Ghost, which I had used for several years but could not see RAIDs. That a newer ATI version suddenly can't see hardware that prior versions have been seeing for years isn't a mere shortfall in functionality, it's a critical and I would think needless fault that either wasn't caught in beta or possibly a problem created in production. It should be a relatively easy and hopefully prompt fix to get back at least the functionality that the program had up until now.

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bluecoat and everyone interested,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience, but right now safe version for Acronis Bootable Rescue Media of Acronis True Image 11.0 Home is not available on our official website. If you want to receive the safe version, please submit a request to technical support. Explain your wish to obtain the safe version for Acronis Bootable Rescue Media of Acronis True Image 11.0 Home, and include your serial number for the full version of Acronis True Image 11.0 Home.

The same applies to BartPE plug-in of Acronis True Image 11.0 Home.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

13. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello DerPriester1970, shieber, Bluecoat and mentjjj,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that doesn't solve the problem, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo26.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also collect the exact vendor and device names of the RAID controller in question.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

DerPriester1970, please try to avoid posting duplicate requests in the future as it makes us as well as other forum members do a double work sometimes.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

14. Bluecoat

Hello Marat,

thank you for the reply.

I've allready tried the "acpi=off noapic" workaround without success. So I'll follow your recommendation and submit a technical request with all neccessary information.

Regards

Bluecoat

15. mentjjj

mentjjj Registered Member

I too have submitted an Acronis Report. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.