No NOD32 v3.0 AV? only ESS?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by loong, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loong

loong Registered Member

I noticed some news that "Eset will not release NOD32 v3.0 AV".
    And "The v2's engine and heuristics will still keep getting improved."

So we must use ESS if we want to use new version.
    Is it ture?
    Will Eset release NOD32 v3.0 AV(not ESS)?

2. Don johnson

Don johnson Registered Member

I don't think it's true.

--snip--
    Posting direct communication with Eset's support is not permitted

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2007
  3. Gren

Gren Registered Member

Where did you read this?

I've only heard (through this forum) that there will be a standalone V3 AV product. Hope so as suites tend to remove any flexibility of choice.

4. The One

The One Frequent Poster

Curious to know where you read that. For all I know they both will come out when beta is finished

5. Seer

Seer Registered Member

I noticed that you quoted some sentences. Wouldn't it be easier if you just provided a link?
    I also noticed that Marcos edited one of the posts and completely ignored the discussion. That says it all.
    But even if that's true what you say, I wouldn't mind it.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1041369&postcount=10

Read more:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1041446&postcount=6

:thumb:

7. loong

loong Registered Member

Maybe it's a misunderstanding.
    Somebody posted the email on a forum,and give the conjecture.The email was from eset support department.

Hello,

ESS will be an integrated suite consisting of NOD32 v3, firewall and antispam. The new version will be the successor of v2, however, the v2's engine and heuristics will still keep getting improved.

Best regards,

technical support department

8. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I have heard it both ways - that there will and will not be a standalone... it's a waiting game - until we see, I don't think they're going to tell us... however, for Enterprise, I would suggest that NOT having a standalone Anti-threat protection system would be a mistake - it's not necessary to have a firewall on every workstation inside many corporate networks when they have a multi-thousand dollar appliance providing firewall at the perimeter... but that's MY opinion... we'll see if Eset follows that logic or has their own... ;)

However - and I edited this in after reading a post that Hi_tech pointed out - Ghostman's post seems to confirm that at official launch there will be a choice - I hope it's a single product with a license activation personally...

9. AshG

AshG Registered Member

I hope they make a decision and a public statement soon. My license runs out in two weeks and whether or not there will be a standalone AV will decide if I stay or go. If there's no announcement by July 31, then I'll be trial-ing and beta testing the non-suite alternatives until something solid comes around. No official statement = no cha-ching. I am a NOD32 fan, but as a poor graduate student I have to be wise with my money.

10. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello !

Any statement made here in the Official Eset forum , made by Eset Moderator (Eset staff) is an official statement . It has been said numerous times in one or another way that there is going to be separate anti-threat system only with the kernel of NOD32 v3 , even such thing was implemented in the FAQ . :thumb:

You can also contact Eset Tech Support for another confirmation , if you really need to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.