AVGAS 7.5.1.36 released!

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by QBgreen, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sperwer

Sperwer Registered Member

works that also for the free version?

2. Riverrun

Riverrun Registered Member

The update issue is well and truely fixed but I'm personally not happy with the AVG guard being the way it is. I simply don't want it running in the background.
    I have never used the Resident Shield and I don't want to do so now. I'd like to continue to use AVGAS as an on demand scanner but I see no prospect of doing that, things being the way they are. The only option is to remove it from my compuer which I shall be doing forthwith.

3. beynac

beynac Registered Member

@Vinzenz: Re. automatic report production and safe mode problems.

Thanks very much for sorting these out. Much appreciated. :)

4. tetonbob

tetonbob Spyware Fighter

Peter or Vinzenz -

For the free version....what will happen after 30 day trial period is over? (is it still 30 days?)

Will it still clean?

IIRC, it was guard that timed out in earlier version.....if guard times out after trial.....??

5. beynac

beynac Registered Member

The Guard service still runs even if the resident shield is not enabled. My version 'timed out' after I reinstalled it yesterday - everything is still working as before.

6. robinb9

robinb9 Registered Member

Can someone tell me why the new Pro version has not come through the updater on the program when it goes out to look for updates?

Mine has not and neither has 4 of my clients who also have the pro.

Will it be coming out soon?

robin

7. strangequark

strangequark Registered Member

not sure but it may be because they are working on a new build to fix a few problems with this release. I posted earlier in this thread about a problem I was having with full system scans getting caught in a loop, no body here seemed to be experiencing the same issue and no one from AVG answered my posts so I PM'd one of the ewido guys and was told they had reproduced the problem I, and I suspect a few others, were having and it would be fixed in the new build they were preparing, so at a guess I suspect they're hanging out till then. Hopefully it wont be too long as it was a bit disappointing to finally get a Vista version only to find it wasn't working properly.

8. robinb

robinb Registered Member

I hope you are right and they send a newer version, I would like to see all the kinks out before they send it for my pro version, but it would also be nice if someone from ewido posted here to reassure us all that this is going to happen like you said.

I downloaded it for my vista machine-(home premium that I will keep as free- so far I see no problems but if they update that I will install that over it i guess.

robin

9. tetonbob

tetonbob Spyware Fighter

Asked and answered in another thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1021148&postcount=27

10. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

We're working on the new build and after we have verified all (yet known) bugs are fixed we're going to release it. I cannot tell you any eta right now but it should be very soon.

Regards,
    Vinzenz

11. robinb9

robinb9 Registered Member

Thank you Vinzenz for the response:-* :thumb:

Robin

12. coalboy

coalboy Registered Member

I'm just so happy to have it back to where I feel it belongs.. Slap in the middle of my progs list! S'pose its just greed, but I'm yearning for the AVG firewall now too! :D

13. philebus

philebus Registered Member

If I didn't read this forum, I would not have known that a new version of avg antispyware, that fixed the update problem, was out. This is unsatisfactory. Most other programs tell you when you open them that a new version is out. Why can't avg anti spyware do this, especially if you are, as I am, a paid subscriber.

14. coalboy

coalboy Registered Member

Avg did claim I believe that the new build, to those who did not immediately download, would be offered in a soon to come update.

15. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Doesn't seem to bother anybody, but forgetting to re-enable avgas after
    scanning a file and closing the GUI via the close button is compromising
    security. Can this be fixed in a future update please ? (Program is set to
    not start with Windows as I prefer to start it manually.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.