Not Creating Image (TI 7)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Ezmerelda, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ezmerelda

Ezmerelda Registered Member

Trying to create a full back-up image of my C drive but it doesn't seem to be working today.

I choose "create image" and go thru the steps in the Wizard, clicking "proceed" on the last step. That gets me here:

http://colliope.com/screenshots/Acronis.jpg

but no further.

I make a full image once a month and have never had a problem before so I don't know what's going wrong today.

Dell Dimension 8250
    Win XP Home, SP2
    Acronis True Image 7.0 (build 63:cool:

Thanks,
    Ez

Attached Files:

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Do you run any software to clean out the Temp, Temporary Internet Files, and Cookies folders? Also do you use anything to clean the Registry?

3. Ezmerelda

Before making an Image, I always first use XP's Disc Cleanup (under Performance and Maintenance) to delete temp files, etc. I check everything listed except "compress old files" because I don't like the way that turns file names blue. Then I run full scans with AdAware, Windows Defender and sometimes Spybot Search & Destroy. Last, I defrag, although today it said it didn't need defragging.

I never, ever tinker with the registry, so the answer to your second question would be no.

Ez

4. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

Have you tried with your "rescue disk"?
    If not try it and see if it works.

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Have you run the Error Checking with both boxes checked. Right click on the C drive and pick Properties. Error Checking is on the Tools tab. The check with take quite a while and run the next time you boot the system.

Have you made any changes to the system since the last time you successfully made an image? New software, new hardware?

If Error Checking doesn't find anything and you still can't make images, try uninstalling and reinstalling TrueImage.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ezmerelda,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that the Acronis Scheduler 2 Service is started and both schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe processes are running (use Windows Task Manager).

Please note that you can run the schedhlp.exe and schedul2.exe (\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2) manually in Windows Task Manager (File->New Task) or do the following:

- Download schedmgr.exe application;

- Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;

- Run the following command in the folder you saved the file to: schedmgr.exe service start

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. Ezmerelda

Re: Not Creating Image (TI 7) - Fixed

schedhlp.exe was not on my Processes list so I added it manually as a new task per your directions and that did the trick - I can create an Image now.

Thankyou,

ez

8. Ezmerelda

Re: Not Creating Image (TI 7) - Hmm

Tried to make a new image today and same problem. I checked, and as before, schedhlp.exe was not in running processes. I added it again as above and made my Image.

Is there any known problem/conflict with a another program that might be turning off that process?

Ez

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ezmerelda,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please follow the instructions provided in this post to changed Acronis Scheduler2 Service configuration.

If the problem persists, please provide perform the actions described in this post.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

10. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Go to Msconfig and find the schedhlp.exe listing in the Startup Tab. Put a check mark in the box and click apply and then re-boot. If this doesn't work then do a repair install of TI.

11. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Did you try the suggestion in message #4?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.