Where to purchase ISR technologies

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by Leapfrog Software, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leapfrog Software

Leapfrog Software Leapfrog Management

Greetings All,

As mentioned in a previous post, Raxco Software will not be selling the FirstDefense-ISR technology. We do have another reseller that sells the same product functionalities as FirstDefense-ISR, but under the trademarked name BootBack.

For those of you interested in trying out a demo and/or purchasing the product, I have supplied below a link to this reseller:

Company Name: Software Pursuits
    Product Name: BootBack
    http://www.spursuits.com/bootback/

As always, thanks for your support in our ISR technologies.

2. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: In other words, FD-ISR, the name has become an archived one. And the product will be handed to orphanage after perhaps one year(?). It is a sad story in cyber-tech industry, I do hope the new reseller will provide quality support and also pick up the big blow in sales created by Raxco's action. Now we may have to get acquainted w/ the new name. Bye bye FD-ISR, hello BootBack.

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Leapfrog Software,
    What happens when the ISR technology improves and a new full version or an upgrade is released ?
    Can I get this upgrade from Raxco and install it without problems OR do I have to get this upgrade from BootBack with possible installation problems OR will the upgrade from BootBack change my FDISR screens into BootBack screens o_O
    I hope I don't have to buy FDISR again under the name Bootback o_O

Quite a change without much information !!!

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I think we will continue to get support from Raxco. Interesting question will be what happens with maintenance contracts. TIme will tell. I feel confident that Raxco will be there for us as many also have Perfect Disk.

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

My opinion is, that Raxco had to spend too much time on supporting FDISR and Raxco has to pay people to give that kind of support and users don't pay anything. I think that was the main reason, why Raxco gave up.
    If Raxco doesn't sell anymore, the support will also decrease.
    Peer-ISR is smarter they ask $149 for "FDISR", which probably covers the support, if there is any.

6. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Look at the WHOLE PICTURE here.

This DID NOT happen up untill Vista support was finally added in to FD-ISR. What a horrible web $M releases can fashion, that drives business interests away in the opposite direction.

IMHO, that HAS to be the underlying reason why Raxco is distancing themselves from it now. The timing was too perfect to just be a coincidence.

Since i plan on continuing with XP Pro and after seeing this and also the demise of forcing BoClean to merger to Comodo, $M can wipe it's tail all they want with their Vista profits but as for me and my household, and associates, we absolutely WILL NOT be supporting Vista or ever recommend it to anyone. In fact i will vehemently discourage potential interests from taking that chance. CASE CLOSED!

FD-ISR Rocks!!!

7. Joliet Jake

Joliet Jake Registered Member

They only sell a minimum 5 licences for Peer-ISR workstation.

Bootback can be had for $64 http://tinyurl.com/ytahx3

8. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I find it hard to believe after all this time that Raxco dropped FD-ISR simply because of over-expenditure on support. This program is a near-to-PERFECT! as i ever seen in any program save Power Shadow from my recent experience.

Perhaps they fear an increase of support issues because of Vista? I dunno, only speculation, but what's done is done and the final decision has come down the pike to all of us.

Like others, i'm just glad i hopped onboard when i did and so far i haven't even discovered even a slightest issue to bother support over anyway. This program was well refined from the bottom up and all points in-between. Blows me away. LoL

9. Horus37

Horus37 Registered Member

Here, here. I second that as I don't plan on upgrading to vista as I'm perfectly happy with xp and if I need 64 bit it's already out in xp pro 64. Vista demanding that I upgrade hardware is unacceptable just to get aero when I can get it now via Topdesk for 17 bucks. And of the added security..hahaha. Um, ya. Me and FDISR are happy with the way things are right now. I'm just glad I got my latest copy before they decided to discontinue selling it. I'm thinking that maybe they are betting that the backup software native in vista will be good enough for recovery?

10. Horus37

Horus37 Registered Member

I don't want to think about using computers without FDISR. Right now I'm building a fresh install of xp in an empty snapshot so I can tweak it's installation the way I want over a period of time. Love that.

11. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

That's the spirit Horus37 :thumb:

We're really beginning to see the Dark-Side of $M raise it's ugly head again. I talked with some businesses in my area and they are dead-set against upgrading to Vista period! Not everyone is so easily deceived because $M makes it so obvious to the entire world how very ignorant they really can be by assuming most of their system users are so naive as to trust in them with that defective and heavily demanding model.

Their true colors were plainly revealed when they ran tail away from 98/Me like they were the black plague instead of retuning to them one final time with improvements in the Kernel/Explorer/Gui etc.

As far as eye-candy and graphics? I've frequented customizing forums for years and free-lance developers are always patterning programs to XP if they see it can be done without taxing resources or dropping a ton of files on you like $M has such an uncanny knack for doing to us.

12. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

All I can say is that I bought FDISR from Software Pursuits (BootBack) over a year ago and I have only good words to say about them.:)

13. Leapfrog Software

Leapfrog Software Leapfrog Management

Greetings All,

Ok just to clarify some of the comments in this post:

1. As far as why Raxco Software decided to not sell FirstDefense-ISR, it truly was their corporate decision to focus only on the vendor side of their business (PerfectDisk) rather than the reseller side (FD-ISR).

2. Raxco Software is going to continue to provide top notch support for FirstDefense-ISR and product updates to their current customers. We, Leapfrog Software, will continue to provide Raxco with the latest and greatest.

3. EASTER.2010 Thanks for the "near-to-PERFECT!" comment. We have worked very hard to provide a unique product that can have so many uses.

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  14. timcan

timcan Registered Member

Hi all and future purchasers. I also have had the Bootback version for quite some time and agree with Antarctica. I've only used they're support 1 time but got a very fast and satisfactory reply to my question.:)

15. KikiBibi

KikiBibi Registered Member

Didn't know Bootback has this feature:

http://www.softwarepursuits.com/bootback/newfeatures.asp

:)

16. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Software Pursuits support is top notch !!I bought from them a year ago,at first copy/update errors and thereafter unable to boot to other snapshots,they supplied the fix after sending in the logs in no time !!

17. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Leapfrog Software aka Todd, your program is historical in the exact same way as i complimented the RKUhooker's Team efforts. This FD-ISR master's anyones systems and sets a groundwork for others to follow if they should be so bold to compete.

This one single program is revolutionize the industry as well as local end users and rescued all of us from the marathon session of falling victime to either bad programs or the system itself.

It is indeed a true work of digital art unlike any others.

18. Bio-Hazard

Bio-Hazard Registered Member

Thanks for that it is good to hear!

19. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Is Leapfrog a large company who invests in different ventures? I just noticed that they are partnered with Verizon communications (the telephone company on the east coast of the U.S.) working with their health programs.

20. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

That is a totally different Leapfrog that works with Verizon.

Acadia

21. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Acadia, wow what's the odds two companies would decide to name themselves Leapfrog? :blink: What's the odds one company would name itself Leapfrog? :D

22. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

How about Peer Software?
    Product Name: Peer-ISR.

isrscreen2.jpg

23. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

It will always be FirstDefense for most of us and i must admit, it's a bit daunting to see it under a different name but just think, thats as far as that goes with change because it is still a Leapfrog production. :thumb:

Support? You guys let me know, i hope i never have to turn to any. Yes, for my system it really is that Perfect!

24. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Gasp! $49 a license with a minimum purchase of 5 licenses! Definitely not for the average home user :)

25. flinchlock

flinchlock Registered Member

I filed a Raxco support request email, 05/15/07 06:54:55, due to this in my log file
    I received a Raxco reply email, 05/15/2007 6:55 AM
    Clock ticking sound................................ :(

Mike

Last edited: May 17, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.