Messenger Plus! v3 bypassed Spyware Blaster and hijacked my IE startup page!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Blue Berry, May 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Berry

Blue Berry Guest

Hi all!

It's a shame really that Spyware Blaster doesn't provide support other than this forum, but hope you may help me with this. Javacool would not be glad to know that the spyware inside Messenger Plus! v3 (a plugin to MSN Messenger) bypasses their product completely and allows IE startup page hijack.

As Messenger Plus! v3 was recently released, I decided to give it a try by using its autoupdate included in v2.54.75. The main problem is that this time there was NO WAY to bypass spyware installation (or, at least, I didn't see an option allowing me to skip it). My surprise was huge when I saw my IE startup page had been hijacked! It took me a lot of time and work to be able to clean the mess, but in the end I suceeded.

Now, my big question is... was this supposed to happen, even though I have Spyware Blaster installed, working and up-to-date? For the record, I also use Norton AV 2004, ZoneAlarm Pro, SB and Spybot Search & Destroy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PD: Patchou, leave spyware out of Messenger Plus!, please!

2. MCT

MCT Registered Member

Messenger Plus does indeed come with spyware, BUT you can click the "I refuse" option when installing it, and it does NOT install any spyware

Spyware blaster doesnt stop you from having spyware on your system, it only prevents cookies/restricted sites & activex while surfing, there fore eliminating spyware 99.9%

you should read about a new program b4 downloading it, as 2 avoid any spyware /adware problems

hope this helps :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.