3Ware 9650SE + Vista

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tom23, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tom23

tom23 Registered Member

Hi,

first of all - will Acronis True Image 10 works with Microsoft Vista ?

Second:
    I would like to save a disc image to an usb-harddisk. But ...
    i had a raid controller from 3Ware called 9650SE with 4 SATA II Harddisc in Raid-5-Modus.

How must i do it, to get an correct rescue cdrom with driver info from the raid controller und the disc image.
    It must be save, that after a damage from - as example - the OS, i just must put the emergancy disc in, and then the controller and the usb harddisc must work together, so that i can rebuild the disc image file.

Sorry for my bad english :) and thanks for help.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tom23,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please be aware that Acronis True Image 10.0 Home can be installed and used under Windows Vista.

Please also note that Acronis True Image fully supports RAID configurations (including RAID 0,1,5, etc.) even while booted from Bootable Rescue media.

When Acronis True Image is running under Windows, it works with all the hard disk drivers detected by the operating system. If Acronis True Image is running in rescue mode (e.g. to restore the system partition), then it provides support for all hardware RAID controllers.

As for the Acronis True Image Bootable CD, please note that Acronis True Image Bootable CD is Linux based and has it's own predefined assortment of drivers for the wide variety of modern hardware. The RAID controller you use (3Ware 9650SE SATA-II RAID) is supported. You can find the detailed instructions on how to create the Bootable CD in chapter 10 "Creating bootable media" in the Acronis True Image 10.0 Home User's Guide.

We recommend that you test the functionality of the Acronis True Image Bootable CD upon it's creation to make sure it works on your system.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.