Universal Restore Won't install w/TI 3625

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by JARd1st, May 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JARd1st

JARd1st Registered Member

I uninstaled Universal Restore and TI 3602 Workstation prior to installing TI 3625.

The install of 3625 went fine, but now when I try to re-install Universal Restore, the installer informs me that I need to have "One of the following installed . . . True Image 9.1 Workstation"

I definitely installed the correct version, so what gives?

2. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

I can confirm this!

Acronis Please Fix this issue!

3. PeterJ

PeterJ Registered Member

I also confirm that Universal Restore will not install after a clean install of TI Workstation 9.1.3625

4. werzeri

werzeri Registered Member

Yet another one: I also confirm, no way yet to install universal restore after TI9 WS latest release being installed.

5. mustang

mustang Developer

Here's what worked for me:

1. I uninstalled TI9W build 3602.

2. I did not uninstall Universal Restore.

3. I installed TI9W build 3625. Program worked with UR, but couldn't build a Recovery CD.

4. I copied 14 files from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageWorkstation to C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageWorkstation. Now I was able to build a Recovery CD with UR based on build 3625.

5. I installed TI9W build 3633 over TI9W build 3625.

6. I copied the new 14 files in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageWorkstation to C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageWorkstation. Now I could build a Recovery CD with UR based on build 3633.

All seems well now.

mustang

6. jeremyotten

Yes but with build 3633 is does not work out of the box!

Acronis please fix this!

7. mustang

mustang Developer

I fully agree!!!

I'd like to upgrade my BartPE plugins, but not until they get this mess figured out.

mustang

8. JARd1st

JARd1st Registered Member

Acronis should hand out Free Broadband with all of their products. lol

Over 300MB of updates in one day only to cause more problems!

Thank goodness I make an automatic image of my system drive every morning; I've had to recover from Acronis twice in one day. o_O

9. PeterJ

PeterJ Registered Member

Re: Universal Restore Won't install w/TI 3625

I also confirm that Universal Restore will not install after a clean install of TI Workstation 9.1.3625 and now it will not install under TI Workstation 9.1.3633. When the beta testers check the product does theirs come pre-installed?

10. nganvu

nganvu Registered Member

I just upgraded to TI build 3633 today.

11. jeremyotten

And did Universal Restore work with you then?

12. mustang

mustang Developer

I've looked at this Universal Restore problem more closely. It is being caused by the fact that Acronis changed the install directory for the files needed to create a Recovery CD. In TI9W build 3602, the install directory was C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageWorkstation. In builds 3567 and up, the install directory has been changed to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageWorkstation.

Universal Restore has installed two files needed to build a Recovery CD to the old location. This is causing the errors in Media Builder. In post #5 above, I explained how I got it all to work. Here's another metod that works for me:

1. Move these two files from C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageWorkstation to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageWorkstation:
    media_full_omni.config
    media_safe_omni.config

2. Run Regedit and go to this location:
    HKLM\Software\Acronis\MediaBuilder\Products

3. In the right hand pane you will see a number of lines specifying the directory locations for each component. You need to change the path to the two files you moved in step 1 one above. They will say C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageWorkstation. Change them to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageWorkstation. The names of the two lines to change are "TrueImageFullMediaWithOmni" and "TrueImageSafeMediaWithOmni". All you need to do is use Edit/Modify and add "Common Files\" (without the quotes) after "C:\Program Files\".

After making these changes, I was able to delete the 16 media builder files from C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageWorkstation. This solution seems to be more in line with how Acronis intends things to work with the newer builds. It also eliminates the need to store the Recovery media files in two locations.

mustang

13. bcronin

bcronin Registered Member

Thanks for this. Seems to work. But I have a new issue with the media builder I haven't seen anyone else mention. When I get to the media selection screen, neither my CDRW or DVD writer are listed! Sigh.

I was able to get around it by building an ISO instead and using Nero to burn it, but for the love of Mike, I wish Acronis would spend a bit more time validating basic functionality has not been regressed by a new build.

14. bcronin

bcronin Registered Member

I should have left well enough alone but I noticed that you folks were referring to a build 3633. I had installed 3625. So, wanting to be up to date, I uninstalled everything and reinstalled clean with 3633, and of course now I too cannot get Universal Restore to (re)install. Pfffffft.

15. jeremyotten

This is what worked for me.

Deinstall everything.

install build 3602 mediabuilder only
    install universal restore 3602 (download from updates section, although not under the updates section)
    install build 3633

Your done! Create your new build3633 with universal restore build 3602

Acronis still needs to fix this and I also dont understand why they update the universal restore build but don't mention it in the updates section or on the acronis homepage.

point of attention here ACRONIS!!

16. mustang

mustang Developer

The same thing happened to me with build 3625. When I installed build 3633 the problem was solved.

mustang

17. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Thanks for the report. This issue is already fixed and the update will be available on the updates page as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Anton Sherkhonov

18. jeremyotten

will there be a new trueimage build or a new universal restore build?

19. jeremyotten

download Universal Restore build 3625 on the registered product Page!

This should work without errors on build 3625 and higher

20. ocsscott

ocsscott Registered Member

doesn't show in my update section..just the original install from march on the products page.

Does anyone else see the ipdate for universal restore??

thanks

21. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Re-download the original and you should actually get the update.

22. ocsscott

ocsscott Registered Member

Thanks, i'll get the file.

Acronis why can't you just post the update in the update section..is it that hard to understand?

And can this version of workstation go over top of the last version or do we have to uninstall again?

23. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ocsscott,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please find the answer to your question in this post by Alexey.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

24. jeremyotten

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.