ATI 9.1 Workstation- .iso, bootable, vmware

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by linuxlad, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. linuxlad

linuxlad Registered Member

1.How exactly is this done or what does it mean?:
    "Bootable backup media – When backing up to removable media, users can make this media bootable in the same manner as rescue CD, so separate recover media is not required".....To me this means that the .tib backup images can be made bootable, but, is it only done through the secure zone.
    I read in another thread on how to use ultraiso to extract and reload the .bif from an ATI rescue media to a newly created bootable media and dragging the .tib files into it so only one CD/DVD is required.....however,this thread was created prior to the release of 9.1.

2.What does the following mean or how is it done?:
    "Create CDs with bootable images, PXE packages, and bootable recovery media ISOs — Eliminate the need to have separate recovery media and provide flexibility for application management".....in relation to my 1st question.

3.Does ATI support creating the backup images in .iso format instead of .tib, and if so, are these .iso images viewable through any other program other than ATI?

4.How exactly can acronis be used with VMware?
    I assume it only works through/with the rescue media cd, that is if ATI does not support creation of backup bootable iso images, in which case VMware will boot from the iso image as it does with others.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello linuxlad,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please note that using Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation you will be able to create Bootable Rescue CD disc which also contains image archive file (the image archive has *.tib extention). Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation also provides the ability to create an ISO image of a bootable disk on the hard disk. If there is a Microsoft RIS server in your local network, an IT administrator can save the bootable data on this server as well. Then any networked computer will be able to boot any program from the RIS package. Having created an ISO disk image, you will be able to burn it onto any kind of DVD recordable, using DVD recording software. Creating a bootable DVD directly from Bootable Media Builder is impossible.
    Additional information can be found in the Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation User Guide.

No, the file archives and disk/partition images created with Acronis True Image have “.tib” extension. Please read more about ISO images here.

Yes, you are right. Having created the ISO disk image of the Bootable Disk of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation, you will be able to use this ISO disk image to boot a virtual machine.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi linuxlad,

I've updated the thread <How to create bootable rescue DVD(s)> in Post #256 to cater for the newly released True Image Home v9.0 (Build 3567). The UltraISO procedure in Post #171 should work o.k. for TI 9.1 but you will need to determine your own maximum split file size to allow for the increased overhead of the different TI 9.1 Corporate series bootable rescue media.

Regards

4. linuxlad

Thanks to both of you for your response.
    The procedure works perfectly with ultraiso 8.0 by extracting the bif file and recreating it with the bif file and importing the .tib images. I guess the best way to use it with vmware is to create a bootable rescue-DVD iso and include the .tib images and boot it in vmware, and then point it to the images, great this should allow me to test the system images.
    Many thanks and it is appreciate it.

5. linuxlad

I forgot to ask how this procedure is done in workstation 9.1?
    " create Bootable Rescue CD disc which also contains image archive file "

Where is the description to the build changes for ATI 9.1 from 3534 to 3567......what were the changes and where is this information?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2006
  6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello linuxlad,

When backing up to removable media, you can make this media bootable by writing to it additional components: Acronis One-Click Restore, standalone version of Acronis True Image Workstation, Acronis Bootable Agent. Please read section 6.3.9 of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation User's Guide for further details.

If you are registered user of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation then you can always find the list of changes implemented in the latest build of the respective product at the Product Updates section of your account. Please note that we do have plans to implement the more detailed change log in the future, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet.

You can always find out whether some particular problem has already been fixed or not by submitting a request for technical support or posting your question on this forum.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.