Missing or corrupt Hal.dll

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Powlaz, Dec 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Powlaz

Powlaz Guest

That was the error message (or paraphrased version of the error message) that I got when I tried to restore an archive that was successfully created and has maintained its integrity up to this day.

There isn't a whole lot to mess up when imaging a hdd with True Image so why did this Hal.dll become corrupt?

Any ideas?

Also, if I upgrade to v.9 (from v.:cool: will I be able to browse the image for the folders I erased when I was forced to perform a fresh install after my Image didn't load?

Thanks for the help. Still getting used to the product.

Po

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Powlaz,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that this problem is most likely related to the boot.ini file which has not been imaged properly. This usually happens because of the conflict with some other software (e.g. partitioning software).

Please take a look at this Mcrosoft Knowledge Base article describing the possible reasons and resolutions for this problem.

In order to avoid this problem in the future I would recommend you to create images when your PC is booted from Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD, since there is no operating system or any other applications running in this case.

Yes, Acronis True Image 9.0 allows you to restore individual files and folders from the disk\partition images.

I recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0 to see how the software works on your computer.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the upgrade.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.