Zorin OS 9 review - Looking good

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

And here's a review of Zorin OS 9 64-bit edition, an Ubuntu-based distribution with the Gnome desktop, tested in a quad-boot setup on a laptop with Intel graphics and SSD, including look & feel, themes, network connectivity - Wireless (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Samba sharing and printing, multimedia playback - Flash and MP3, partitioning & slideshow, updates, software management, backups, applications, system settings, system resources, stability, suspend & resume, small issues and problems, and more. Have fun.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/zorin-os-9.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Nice review... This is one of my favorites also. It's just an overall great experience with minimal hassles. Highly recommended...

3. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

I've been playing with version 6.4 for about a year and have yet to experience a crash. I tried version 7 briefly but went back to 6.4 which, for whatever reason, runs smoother and is more responsive on my machine. You are absolutely correct that Zorin is a great transition distro for those looking to migrate away from Windows.
    Good review and I'll probably download the ISO, install, and try it out.
    Thanks for the review.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.