Zorin OS 8 "Lite"

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by hogndog, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

Thought I'd reached the top of the Linux line until last night then Zorin OS 8 "Lite" gave me a nice surprise..
    Fast uncluttered not too much not too little give it a test drive.. downloaded it while i slept

The "Lite" edition of Zorin OS 8, an i386-only variant of the beginners-friendly distribution that features the LXDE desktop, has been released: "The Zorin OS team is pleased to release Zorin OS 8 Lite and Business. Zorin OS 8 Lite is the latest evolution of the Zorin OS Lite series of operating systems, designed specifically for Linux newcomers using old or low-powered hardware. This release is based on Lubuntu 13.10 and uses the LXDE desktop environment to provide one of the fastest and most feature-packed interfaces for low-spec machines. This new release includes newly updated software out-of-the-box. Zorin OS 8 Business introduces a myriad of changes to the business-oriented edition of Zorin OS including updated software, improvements to the user interface and entirely new software." Here is the brief release announcement. Download (MD5) the new release from SourceForge: zorin-os-8-lite.iso (905MB).

http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=08375

enjoy.. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.