Zorin OS 6 Core review - I like it very much

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Mrkvonic, Jul 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Take a deep breath. Here's a very long, enthusiastic review of Zorin OS 6 Core, a Ubuntu-based distribution, tested on a laptop with 64-bit processor, Intel graphics and SSD, covering live session, installation and daily use, including Wireless, Bluetooth, Samba sharing, look & feel, Windows-like desktop integration, multimedia - Flash, MP3, Apple trailers (QuickTime, iTunes), Microsoft Media Server (MMS) streaming, desktop effects out of the box, quadruple boot install setup, user account import, audio-video enabled slideshow, package management, applications choice, look changer, web manager, web camera, backup, printing to a Samba-shared Windows printer over Wireless, system resources, suspend & resume, stability, some small niggles, and more. Exhale, inhale, expand, expand! Read. Now.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/zorin-core-6.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

yes strange and very intersting distro

problem was in gnome 3 making close to windows so they use AWN as bottom panel and they done awesome job at 1st even i didnt get it was awn

which is very intersting also global menu ( or something close they use for menu bar in awn) which is shockingly stable according to you i guess i try it again i tried beta one

:D

thanks sharing another great review you almost convince me to try it again :D

3. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

i can't find difference between the Paid and Free version

anyone know what Features the Paid version Has ?

4. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.