zonelabs forcefield and admuncher

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by rollers, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rollers

rollers Registered Member

I have purchased and installed forcefield and really like it for its speed and lightness.............apart from one problem................admuncher no longer filters any ads.
    There is not much in the way of searching on google but I understand there may be a workaround...........just does anyone know it?

Yours hopefully Rollers

running vista 64

2. fax

fax Registered Member

Hi!

Admuncher forum

Cheers,
    Fax

3. rollers

Hi thanks very much but it did not work. It is definitely a forcefield problem, as when I open up an unprotected browser admuncher works perfectly. Put on the protection and nothing.............even with with forcefield added to filter targets.

Rollers

4. fax

fax Registered Member

Yeap, tried it too... probably they have increased ZAFF tampering protection....
    The best is to contact ZA technical support ;)

You could also try to post at admucher forum to see if other users have found and alternative workaroud.

Cheers,
    Fax

5. rollers

Thanks Fax, I have initiated tech support from zonelabs ( not yet heard from them ) and have posted an entry on the admuncher forum.

Thanks for your help.

Regards Rolls

6. fax

fax Registered Member

No problem... :thumb:

Fax

7. qpok

qpok Registered Member

Please let us know if you find a workaround for the problem. This particular issue has kept me from using Forcefield. For example the ad blocker of Outpost Security Suite works with Forcefield, as the blocker of OSS seems to operate at driver level. But Admuncher works just a proxy, right?

8. rollers

Yes will do. Unfortunately I am waiting for a reply still from zonelabs...........painfully slow!

Rolls

9. fax

fax Registered Member

I think during weekends they do not work... they don't use delocalised technical support centres. Its all in the US. :)
    They take from 2 to 4 working days. Btw, response is often junked by ISP or mail providers. Don't know why...

Cheers,
    Fax

10. rollers

Well, I thought I would give oupost firewall a try if it would block ads...........what a mistake, caused major problems and headaches trying to get the computer working properly again. For starters it installed but not the web filter, the bit I needed. There was a complicated workaround for that which I tried..............would not remember it as soon as you clicked ok. In the end I had to restore back after losing a couple of hours trying.
    Back to the drawring board!

11. qpok

qpok Registered Member

Oh, sorry to hear you're having problems. I am using Outpost Security Suite alongside with Ad Muncher (and Vipre Antivirus, a-squared Anti-Malware and Prevx Edge evaluation version) and have had no problems. I find the adblocker of OSS very effective but still it's nice to complement that with Ad Muncher.

12. rollers

Well, I was determined not to be outdone. Left it a while, restored back, and installed again, this time in safe mode........................no problems, and all is working :) including the ad blocker!

Thanks Rolls

13. rollers

Ok, I take it all back, now forcefield was knocked out!
    Why oh why do I have to change softwares.................why can't I just learn to leave it well alone.
    Back to the drawring board!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.