ZoneAlarm System Checkup

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Johnoz, Dec 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnoz

Johnoz Registered Member

Mar 4, 2007
    Just ran the free ZoneAlarm/iolo technologies System Checkup.

"ZoneAlarm® System Checkup™ performs a rapid analysis of the most critical parts of your system and then automatically generates a detailed report that provides information on overall security, optimization levels, clutter, and hidden errors that cause crashes, instability, and decreased performance."

It appears my computer is in a sad state

It found - amongst other things -

Security Software Check
    "No actively running antivirus software was detected on your system. Without virus protection, your PC runs a very high risk of being inadvertently infected with dangerous viruses."

Despite the fact that ESET AV 3.0.621.0 (with the current virus signature database) is running.

Made a few other mistakes as well.

Not entirely sure that I would buy the iolo System Mechanic 7 offered to help me resolve my problems.
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Your ESET Antivirus is running . ZoneAlarm detects just a few antivirus softwares such as Symantec/McAfee/Trend Micro (the big names in the USA ...) . It is unable to detect EA .

You can test your EA here
  3. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Jul 7, 2005
    ZoneAlarm has never ever detected any AV that has been running on my system, and that's at least 10+.
    So I would just ignore that silly thing and continue with my business.
  4. poutine

poutine Registered Member

Nov 2, 2007
    England or Quebec
    I know it suxx at detecting your AV. I asked long ago for them to recognize NOD, never happened. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.