ZoneAlarm Slowing Internet?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Brandonn2010, May 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fax

fax Registered Member

Are we talking of the same thread or this is just trolling? As soon as ZA or Comodo is mentioned... emotions get uncontrolled in here... LOL :D

It was already explained that you need much more to test than one shot on Microsoft.

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  2. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

fax ,get a 50 megs or more connection and then test the firewalls regarding bandwidth.
    Come back and tell us what you have found about ZA.

I recommended ZA for people that don t care/know about firewalls , but we have to be realistic this firewall has problems and newer versions don t seem to bring nothing new ,maybe more bugs and instability.

I have absolutelly nothing against ZA ,just because it s ZA ,you don t even imagine how happy i was when i got that Pro license.But when you see you can t tweak it and that it has all kind of problems ...

The OP should simply update the firewall and the router if he wants the speed he is paying for.

Where is the trolling mate ?!
    When you say that sugar is sweet is an absolute truth isn t it?!
    It s similar for ZA ,everyone knows ZA is SLOW ,like BD is for antivirus bussiness.A pure fact.

3. fax

fax Registered Member

Again, we are try to diagnose an OP problem in the most objective way possible and giving indication on how to troubleshoot the problem. Unfortunately the OP seems not keen in taking the time to test it properly.

The rest (e.g. ZA is perfect, ZA is crap) is legitimate (own opinions) but following the above just waste of space and time...

Again time to leave this thread populated by little facts and too much chats.

As you say: Over & Out! :D

4. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

Indeed over & out as i ve already said what i considered it s necessary for the OP to know.

5. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I was simply correcting you. No emotions or trolling involved. :isay:

6. TheMozart

TheMozart Former Poster

Does Za have a training mode?

7. gery

gery Registered Member

my ZA Antivirus_Firewall stoped my computer from starting up. I started in safe mode uninstalled it and installed AVAST IS again. Tried two times and the same issue appeared. Have no idea what is going on. Nothing else installed as per security measures.

8. fax

fax Registered Member

Not the free version. Not sure about ZAAV or ZAPRO. The suite and the extreme version has training mode.

9. fax

fax Registered Member

Try a manual removal of any left over from ZA, granted nothing new was installed (including third party software or extensions) then your ZA settings may be incorrect or corrupted and thus blocking your system (never seen this problem posted in the ZA user forum tough).

Corruption of ZA settings can happen if:

- you run conflicting software
    - your PC crashed/hang recently
    - you are infected by malware
    - you force shutdown at closing of the system

See the procedure here:
    How do I manually remove Zonealarm from Windows Vista X64 and Windows 7 X64

Ignore the references to 64bit related bits like removing files in Syswow64 folder of Program Files [x86] Folder.

If you have a license you can contact free of charge the online technical support here:
    http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en-us/support/zonealarm-service-support.htm

Fax

Last edited: May 31, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.