ZoneAlarm Security Suite 7

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Sjoeii, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Again I advise my friends at Wilders forum to wait at least a month after the Vista version comes out to install it on your nice new copy of Windows Vista. I would frequent the ZA forum well in advance of the day when you think it's safe to do your installation to see how many problems there are for other folks. If they can't issue a stable version for Windows XP, what do you think its going to be like with the more powerful Vista. If it was me, I would wait for the second Vista version of ZA, and then do the above. :isay:

2. Larrylesq

Larrylesq Registered Member

Boy - it would also be nice if ZASS-7 would work properly in XP as well. It uses too many resources (probably due to Kasperski). I discovered this only after it took me repeated steps to get it to install without critical errors on boot. v.6 -6.5 were much better. It also has conflicts with many popular third party software programs. And they don't submit to independent third party testing & certification. So I ended up removing ZA.

To be sure, not being Vista compatible is very frustrating - but not being truly XP compatible, like twl845 suggests, is simply amazing. If ZA can't get it right for XP (SR2) after so many months and years, then I truly wonder about their programming abilities in Vista.

Sounds to me like its not just an operating system major overhaul (Vista) that is needed here. Like I said - I solved my issues by simply removing ZASS7 & installing something else that actually works. Too bad, ZA used to be such a good company & product.

Larrylesq

PS: I came across this "Wish List" Thread for ZA if anyone is interested: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=165674

3. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

ohhhhh...wow.....zonealarm hasn't been able to release a proper version for windows......and now they will release for vista......

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Our wish list is often remained as a wishfulthinking, because we normally do not have a ear of those ivory-towered executives, they do not read this forum or others, and do not tune into our frequency, of course, UNLESS, you are able to run into some of those guys/gals from CheckPoint at conferences, and pull them aside to give them a pillowtalk.:D

5. Larrylesq

Larrylesq Registered Member

Pillow talk? How 'bout a smack upside the head with a buckshot filled pillow case? :D Just kidding of course - but the visual image in my mind is rather sweet.

Larrylesq

6. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

twl845 has offered some very good advice for those here considering putting ZA on a Vista machine. Wait! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.