Zonealarm Security suite 6 impressed me in leaktest but...

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Sxperm, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sxperm

Sxperm Registered Member

Hello everyone, I'm newbie here. I visited this forum 2 days ago and I love this place very much. All guys around here are geeks (almost :D ) Er..go straight to the point. I've used NIS 2005 for my home PC for 6 months and I found that's not good in both antivirus and firewall (Antiivir Free edition using at my office pc do better in antivirus protection :) Don't believe it's free) I uninstalled it and replaced with Kaspersky Internet Security 2006 beta that I've trusted in antivirus performance but it can't pass "leaktest" (by PCaudit), it let my information pass throught from my PC to outside. Then..I uninstalled again and replaced with Zonealarm Security suite 6 and when I used "Leaktest" again it detected which program monitor my mouse movement and my keyboard typing and not let it pass throught and that's impressed me ( :p Only firewall, not antivirus) but I've to used ZIS 6 alone because it's not allowed me to use another AV and FW ( :mad: it's made me really mad) also have some problem with PGP desktop when use "IM protection" in ZIS 6 ( I tried to make it works by disabled PGP IM Protection but that's the same. I've to remove PGP for ZIS 6) I wonder that known firewall can't pass leaktest (I only tested KIS 2006 and NIS 2005) Could you guys recommend me about firewall that have a good performance both outbound and inbound protection. ;) as I told you, I don't trusted in antivirus protection from ZIS 6 :p and I want to make a good pair for my pc protected ( :D Kaspersky 5 + Sygate Personal pro 5.5, what you guys think :D )please give me some advice
    ***Currently on my PC : ZIS 6 + MS Anti spyware beta + spybot 1.4 + spy sweeper + computer security tools for check my PC security (shut down almost all windows services :blink: ) + Windows xp sp2 with fully patched
    Thank you for give me some advice ;) You all are great guys.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2005
  2. TeknO

TeknO Registered Member

Yes, You're right. Could you be happy with VET antivirus? Of course, Firewall may be fine but A/V site is another story...

Last edited: Sep 14, 2005
  3. grnic

grnic Guest

>> Kaspersky Internet Security 2006 beta that I've trusted in antivirus performance but it can't pass "leaktest" (by PCaudit),
    Fixed in 6.0.14.200 and above

4. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

AntiVir free is not supposed to be used in an 'office' (ie business) situation. It is breaking the terms of the EULA to do so and therefore it should be replaced by the 'Pro' version, for which you pay.

See here:- http://www.free-av.com/agreement.htm

5. Sxperm

Sxperm Registered Member

Thank you for reminding me, I'll change to KAV Personal 5 soon. :D It's worth enought to pay.

6. ugly

ugly Registered Member

Use ZA Pro , a very good firewall , with a good antivirus like Kaspersky or NOD32 .

7. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

I totaly agree here 100%. ZA Pro 6 is an excellent FW and I use it in conjuction with NOD32, Spybot S&D, Adaware SE Pro 1.06 and MS Antispyware.

Now I know ZA Security Suite V6 has got more stuff built into it, like an AV software which is made by CA and I think it uses the Vet Engine, but as matter of fact I can't find it to be that much of a bad AV and have heard many good reviews on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.